Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Part number for footwell lamp (option XX2)

Old 04-22-2015, 02:19 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Jlaa
Thanks! This will keep me busy for a few weeks while I research the right connector/tool to remove the contact of pin 7 of connector 1 of the alarm box. :-)
This may cut down your time: http://www.eagleday.com/ampconnectors.html

http://www.sirtools.com/page_2-12.pdf

You also need a special VW tool #000 097 003 if you want a "factory crimp" on the connector. http://www.steckerladen.de/Tools/Cri...ml?language=en
Old 04-25-2015, 03:48 PM
Jlaa
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 121 Posts

Thank you! in order to remove that carpeted section ... Do you recall the basic process? I seem to see two screws at the very front inside the carpeted section oriented laterally relative to the axis of the car. Are there more? Thanks.
Old 04-25-2015, 04:59 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jlaa
Thank you! in order to remove that carpeted section ... Do you recall the basic process? I seem to see two screws at the very front inside the carpeted section oriented laterally relative to the axis of the car. Are there more? Thanks.
It is a big job to remove the forward section of the console because the aft section has to be removed first along with the shift boot and center switch stack to get at the screws.

You may be able
to roll back the carpet starting at the forward edge of the console to reveal the cut outs for the lamps, then pop those out and reinstall carpet with 3M spray on carpet adhesive. Cut and X in the carpet over the holes and roll the corners created into the hole and glue down. Then you can insert the lamps and feed wires out the front of the console.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:43 PM
Jlaa
Rennlist Member

Ok thanks. I took the aft and fwd sections out. I'll post a photo guide after I wire everything up.
Old 04-26-2015, 02:10 PM
Jlaa
Rennlist Member

OK ---- I'm stuck.

I decided to fish wire from the Frunk light to the front center console ..... except I don't know how to get from the upper dash to the lower dash. There seems to be metal everywhere in the way....

Anyone have any ideas or have fished a wire from the upper dash to the lower dash? Foiled again but what should have been an easy step....

Thanks
Attached Images    
Old 04-26-2015, 02:18 PM
JB 911
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

jlaa, try following the antenna cable down from the dash top downand behind the radio. It's a tight fit, but you should be able to get another cable thru there.
Old 04-26-2015, 02:29 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JB 911
jlaa, try following the antenna cable down from the dash top downand behind the radio. It's a tight fit, but you should be able to get another cable thru there.
Yes, there should be wires going from the upper to lower dash through grommets above the radio.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:48 PM
Jlaa
Rennlist Member

Thanks gang. I was finally able to use a grommet going from the lower dash in front of the glove box to a point just under the fusebox in the frunk. So I guess I didn't have to take apart the dash..

However in taking apart the dashpad I learned something. If you use a plastic prybar to lever out the clock to get to the blind bolt that holds the dashpad in, you may accidentally lever too close to the dashpad and leave a dent in the dashpad. If you blast a hairdryer at the dent, the dent in the dashpaf will self heal!
Old 04-27-2015, 03:28 AM
Jlaa
Rennlist Member

You guys are irreplaceable fountains of advice. Finally! Working super slowly and methodically. 20 hours. Nothing broken, and completely reversible - no wires cut.
Attached Images          

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Part number for footwell lamp (option XX2)