Sponsored by:

Areo RS kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 09:42 PM
9934USC
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Areo RS kit

I ordered the factory Areo RS kit from Gert. Received the kit and everything looks great, however there are no installation instruction and the kit came with a few pieces I'm not sure about. Does anyone have an exploded view of the factory wing? Or step by step directions that address the factory kit that Gert sells?
Old 01-17-2012, 10:03 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 392 Likes on 214 Posts

Did you ask Gert ?- he's great help always..
Old 01-17-2012, 11:12 PM
pstraub
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is the page from the 993RS PET, good luck
Attached Images  
Old 01-18-2012, 10:54 AM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 574 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by llabrot
I ordered the factory Areo RS kit from Gert. Received the kit and everything looks great, however there are no installation instruction and the kit came with a few pieces I'm not sure about. Does anyone have an exploded view of the factory wing? Or step by step directions that address the factory kit that Gert sells?
The diagram pretty much explains it all but if you have specific questions, ask away

there are 2 pieces not shown in the diagram, there are 2 of these which bridge the gap from the rear inner liners to the side skirts

here's the one on the right side installed

and the left side

3 holes/side will be needed to mount the rear of the side skirts
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploa...1326726372.jpg

here are the 3 chin pieces installed, I later removed the center one and use a ss crash bar
Old 01-18-2012, 10:58 AM
1stgear
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 58 Posts

Where did you order the kit? I want to go this route on my car as well. Thanks!
Old 01-18-2012, 02:08 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 68 Posts

A few notes from my install:

Once you remove the retractable spoiler, there are some nuts spot welded to the deck lid inside the spoiler cavity that you have to remove by either slowly, carefully twisting them or milling them off with a 1/2" "Pilot Point" (the drills with the center starter and flat cutting edge) drill bit.

Note, there are two sizes of Torx drive screws used to hold down the new spoiler, 5 & 6 in the PET diagram above.

The rear spoiler needs to be carefully filed around the mounting points to get the best fit, mine stood to high and the gap was too great. The fit is not perfect at best.

Holes need to be drilled in the rear spoiler for the grill's studs and the grill needs to be glued or double face taped onto the spoiler.

You need to drill holes in the rear fender lip to install parts 11,12,13,14 in the above PET diagram. Image below stolen from I don't know where.

It is best to get some stainless steel, button head cap screws, washers and fiber lock nuts to hold up the front mini spoiler lips rather than use the pop rivets Porsche uses in my opinion. This way these parts can be R&R'ed easier for replacement.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Areo RS kit