Sponsored by:

PERFORMANCE EXHAUST

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 09:07 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 686 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by AKTUNG
I have never heard of this exhaust before.
Probably because they are a stock Porsche muffler modified for a louder sound. The same applies to my RSR mufflers.

Other well known brands are made from scratch.

Funny thing is, I will probably be one of the very few with stock Porsche mufflers that I have coming my way. I remember the mechanical sound of an air-cooled Porsche engine being music to my ears not to be drowned out by a loud exhaust. You hear it when McQueen drives his 911 in LeMans. It sounds great; I hope that sound hasn't been lost.

Is there a website with clips and info on their products?
YouTube!
Old 01-10-2012, 09:49 PM
boxpilot
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cargraphic Super Sounds on my 993

Old 01-10-2012, 10:13 PM
SuperUser
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is a great looking Targa.

I really loved the sound of my 993 with the Dach-X 200 cell Cat, I wish my 964 sounded like it:-(
Old 01-10-2012, 11:32 PM
wolfturbo
Instructor

Originally Posted by sander97C2
OT: Michael, I don't live to far from you and would really like to hear in person you're dach 200 cell sport cat exhaust. I'll pm u.

Does anyone here have Mille Miglia mufflers? I wonder what they sound like compared to the others...
I have a set of Mille Miglia mufflers. Paid $1500.00 and never got around to putting them on because the mufflers take smaller straps and I've yet to find a strap the size I need....
Old 01-10-2012, 11:55 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone have a sound clip of the Fister 3s? I have never heard of this exhaust before. Is there a website with clips and info on their products? Thanks for the help guys.
here you go: http://www.fdmotorsports.net/index_files/Page1456.htm

the clips don't do the sound justice but you get a feel for it
Old 01-11-2012, 01:53 AM
AKTUNG
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SuperUser
That is a great looking Targa.

I really loved the sound of my 993 with the Dach-X 200 cell Cat, I wish my 964 sounded like it:-(
Thanks for the compliment.

Last edited by AKTUNG; 02-01-2012 at 11:44 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:05 AM
mts
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 41 Posts

Nice Targa!!!

I started with Fister Stage III's on my Targa. They sounded great, but were a bit too loud in the cabin with the Targa top open. I switched to Stage II's and could not be more pleased. The Stage II's are still very robust when you are driving hard, but a bit more mellow when cruising.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:17 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Anyone have a sound clip of the Fister 3s? I have never heard of this exhaust before. Is there a website with clips and info on their products? Thanks for the help guys.
You can search "Fister Exhaust" in this forum, or google search it. You will find lots of good information and reviews. I modify the factory mufflers, so the fit is just as stock. There are plenty of mufflers out there, so do your due diligence. I would put my product up against anyone, anytime. I offer a money-back guarantee if you try and don't like it , and I also warranty my work for life.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:01 PM
wolfturbo
Instructor

I agree with you about the way the 911 sounds in Le Mans.
My '69 used to sound similar.
I say similar because my engine has Webers not MFI.

The sound of that engine really changed when in 1978 I had a 2.7 built on a 2.4 case. The Webers were re done with bigger emulsion tubes, re-jetted, 36 mm venturi's, 911R screens, 906 intake and those tall center tubes...I forget what they're called...Nikasil cylinders, a lot of case work and some big f'ing cams with a lot of lift and overlap. RSR headers with sport muffler...It no longer sounded like a 911. It sounded like a 246 Dino. Really odd..and kind of cool....got a hold of a 5-speed with airport gears and that car moved. 0-60 in 4.9 seconds with sticky tires. Without the sticky tires I could travel along at 25 mph, in second gear, floor it and the back tires would smoke. Don't know the top speed, never took it over a 100 mph. It's a really fun big go cart.

As for the Fisters on my 993 ('95 C2) I wanted the car to be able to breath better. And it does. If you really want to wake up a '95
Get the Fister stage three's and a Steve Weiner chip. This combination really makes the car move. Power comes on really strong at 3k and continues to make power all the way up to 7k...I smoke C4S's at Sears Point and on the street.

About Darin and Mark at FisterD,
The highest compliment I ever give is, "I wish he was my neighbor" I'll take it a step further up and say, "I wish these guys were my brothers!"

Originally Posted by IXLR8
Probably because they are a stock Porsche muffler modified for a louder sound. The same applies to my RSR mufflers.

Other well known brands are made from scratch.

Funny thing is, I will probably be one of the very few with stock Porsche mufflers that I have coming my way. I remember the mechanical sound of an air-cooled Porsche engine being music to my ears not to be drowned out by a loud exhaust. You hear it when McQueen drives his 911 in LeMans. It sounds great; I hope that sound hasn't been lost.

YouTube!
Old 01-15-2012, 11:27 PM
AKTUNG
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FisterD
You can search "Fister Exhaust" in this forum, or google search it. You will find lots of good information and reviews. I modify the factory mufflers, so the fit is just as stock. There are plenty of mufflers out there, so do your due diligence. I would put my product up against anyone, anytime. I offer a money-back guarantee if you try and don't like it , and I also warranty my work for life.

Now that is service. A RESPONSE FROM THE MAN HIMSELF. My understanding is that you charge 450 with old mufflers as a core. I have to check. I dont think my exhaust is stock. I hink it is either a Triflo or Fabspeed. I like it but your 3 is more what I am looking for. THANK YOU. MACK
Old 01-16-2012, 03:24 AM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I've decided a whle ago that the pair of spare cans that I have in my basement will be converted to StageIII's.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:42 AM
alexl911
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the OEM motor sound package with DACH-X 200 cell sport cats. I can't imagine anything louder (or better)

In Germany I was happy to pass the noise restriction test at my last TUV.

I've heard that RSR's with the DACH-X would sound very similar.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:40 PM
milehigh993
8th Gear

I am looking for a metallic sounding exhaust system, is there a meet in the denver area to hear the different systems
Old 01-19-2012, 02:06 PM
jo-hans
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dach-Xpipe/RSR combo

Old 01-19-2012, 02:12 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 76 Posts

After listening to all this exhaust system, I have to say I LOVE MY FISTER III's

Quick Reply: PERFORMANCE EXHAUST