Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some bum tapped my rear bumper...

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 12:04 PM
2qwik4u
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Some bum tapped my rear bumper...

So I'm in my local pep boys, when I come out I notice a nasty crack on left top side of rear bumper on the corner just as bumper begins to turn on to the back side(I lost sleep over this). I then noticed it moved engine lid, gaps are now uneven.
My question is, because damage is on corner of bumper does the whole bumper need to be sprayed? Or will a blend come out as good?
Is adjusting hinges the same as on a carrera(used to own an 88)? I actually am not sure if gap occurred because tap to bumper or it was there and haven't noticed. Do the engine lids shift easily without any force(very common on Carreras)

Thanks
Old 12-11-2011, 12:47 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is your paint metallic or non-m? Rarely have I seen blending work on metallic paint since how the paint is layed down affects the refractive quality.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:42 AM
g_murray
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This really and truly gets me mad.
People have absolutely NO regard for other people's property.

And, not for nuffin', in _this_ economy, those of us out with 'fancy stuff' have to be (extra) vigilant that others don't look upon us as the 'cause' of their financial/emotional/household/life-in-general malaise -- and -- dare I say it -- go out of their way to 'teach that guy a lesson'.

Gerry
Old 12-15-2011, 05:13 PM
2Many Cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Look around at all the cars with scratches on the corners of their front bumpers, there are lots of them. There are a pile of idiots out there with big (fill in the blank...SUVs, trucks, vans, etc.) that swing out of parking spaces and clip the car next to them on the way out. It usually just gets the corners of both cars and more often than not I suspect the offending driver doesn't even notice. It's really maddening and only avoidable by parking where others don't.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:27 PM
travanx
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 993 had an SUV make a good sized dent in my bumper at some point. I guess it could have been a truck as well.

On my S2k, a red car left a lot of paint on my front bumper while parking. For some reason that car was still parked in front of me, I could even see where the paint came off their car. It took a lot of holding my fists tight and cussing in my head to not destroy their car.

Quick Reply: Some bum tapped my rear bumper...