Sponsored by:

Mounting Recaro Sportster CS?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 12:37 AM
ETW
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mounting Recaro Sportster CS?

I'd like to put a set of Recaro Sportster CS in my 993 but I need them to be slightly lower than stock seats (the 4 way electric at their lowest position). What's the best way to go about this? I know mounting them straight to the floor will do the trick but I still want to be able to slide them. I hear Brey Krause side mounts + Sparco sliders work on Recaros to lower them but I don't know what height it puts them at compared to stock.
Thanks
Old 12-09-2011, 02:43 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Can't speak for Sportster CS seats but for my GT3 seats I used BK floor mounts on the driver's side and Sparco mounts on the passenger side. The Sparco mounts at the very lowest height settings are substantially lower then the stock GT3 bracket/mount and are about 1/2-3/4" higher than the driver's seat using the BK floor mount (which are the lowest mounts available AFAIK), but using the Sparco's allows access to the rear seats. The one problem I had with the Sparco mounts I have is that there is interference with shorter lapbelt mounts so I had to use longer mounts which I need to use as attachment points for the LATCH for carseat).

Last edited by David in LA; 12-12-2011 at 03:38 AM.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:08 PM
ETW
Rennlist Member

Thanks. Anyone else mounted Recaros low?

Also, what about how the factory seats are offset to the left? Will this set up center the new seats with the steering wheel?
Old 12-10-2011, 06:59 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I have the Speedster RS seats in my car. The mounting bracket allows 4 different height adjustments which are made using bolts. Therefore not something you can change on the fly. I have mine set at the highest level since I'm about 5'7". You have about 2" of vertical adjustment between the upper and lower positions. At the lowest setting I'm going to make an educated guess that the Recaros are lower then the stock seats.

Quick Reply: Mounting Recaro Sportster CS?