Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm missing a sunroof seal, can any damage be done?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 12:05 PM
2qwik4u
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 11 Posts

See that wasn't so difficult.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:42 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 806 Posts

Originally Posted by 2qwik4u
What kind of answer was i looking for? Yours wasn't even an answer to my question. Why don't you read he original post? I was wondering if any damage can get through and do damage. I specifically said that I got stuck in rain and that I've been putting this task off.
See that wasn't so difficult.
I filed that under obvious answers for $200 alex.

yes, there is a seal for a reason, just like there are seals on the doors and windows.

not complicated
Old 12-08-2011, 01:44 PM
2qwik4u
Rennlist Member

Your usename should be "useless message poster". Your "obviously" still not reading the op because I do mention that if water gets through(which now means that I know the purpose of the seal)what, if any damage can be done besides some water leaking through.
I didn't know there were obvious answers here, I guess I'll have to think twice bout asking a question from now on to prevent getting a smart *** remark because your keyboard muscles are scaring me.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:56 PM
ja78911sc
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I usually do not log on this many times during work but you guys are cracking me up !
Old 12-08-2011, 03:39 PM
Redblurr
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think people underestimate the damage that can be done by water leaking into their cars. Water bad! I would fix it before driving in the rain. It is a very simple DIY. I would not pay any attention to Quadcammer. I think his whole purpose is to try and get under peoples skin. GL.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Your usename should be "useless message poster". Your "obviously" still not reading the op because I do mention that if water gets through(which now means that I know the purpose of the seal)what, if any damage can be done besides some water leaking through.
I didn't know there were obvious answers here, I guess I'll have to think twice bout asking a question from now on to prevent getting a smart *** remark because your keyboard muscles are scaring me.
so you want to know what damage occurs when water enters a car?

Do I need to repeat, "questions with obvious answers".

So in other words, you know that a seal is meant to keep water out. You know that your seal is missing. You presumably know that water entering a car is bad. What difference does it make if the damage is a completely ruined moldy interior, or a damaged DME on the drivers floorboard? Either one is expensive and unpleasant. In the time it took you to argue with me about this, you could have ordered the seal and probably been well on your way to installing it or having someone else installing it.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Originally Posted by Redblurr
I would not pay any attention to Quadcammer. I think his whole purpose is to try and get under peoples skin. GL.
nah, its more to instill common sense and remove delusion, but either way its fun.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:07 PM
2qwik4u
Rennlist Member

Yes, that's it, that's your purpose.

Quick Reply: I'm missing a sunroof seal, can any damage be done?