Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NY/NJ/CT/MA Rennlist Run to the Saratoga Car Museum-Porsche 60 yrs in America Display

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 06:03 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 312 Likes on 260 Posts

I have a friend who is also interested in joining. Perhaps a plus one for me also.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:57 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

updated with participant list
Old 11-14-2011, 08:11 PM
Christian J
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's very tempting to drive out early from Boston on back roads. You could go on the north side of the quabbin, run up through Orange to Brattleboro then west on 9 or 100 into NYS. Hmmm.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:47 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Hi Bob.

First - a bump to the top.

Second - What is your current plans for our meeting time at or near Exit 17 on the NYS Thruway (if that is the plan). Just trying to think about how early the alarm needs to sound on Saturday. I have a good 1+ hour drive to get there.

Beautiful weather is forecasted.

Mark
Old 11-15-2011, 09:11 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Originally Posted by mjsporsche
Hi Bob.

First - a bump to the top.

Second - What is your current plans for our meeting time at or near Exit 17 on the NYS Thruway (if that is the plan). Just trying to think about how early the alarm needs to sound on Saturday. I have a good 1+ hour drive to get there.

Beautiful weather is forecasted.

Mark
Mark,
I'll provide all the details no later than Thursday but assume we will meet around 10 am at the service area near exit 17. Not so early this time.

Bob
Old 11-16-2011, 09:45 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

OK Gang, I was at the Museum today and also made arrangements for a very nice lunch at the Gideon Putnam Hotel next door. We will have a private room and a great selection of items for lunch. It's $25 a person all in including gratuity and drinks. A bar is close by for those that want a beer or glass of wine. I'm finalizing the route after lunch and will review the details with everyone on Saturday morning. We should meet at the Plattekill Service Center on the NY Thruway just past exit 17 at 9 am. The trip to the museum is 111 miles from the meeting point. I assume we will arrive at the Museum by 11~11:30 and have lunch by 12:30. The guys coming from Mass and NH should meet us at the Museum. The address for your Navi is 110 Ave of the Pines, Saratoga Springs, NY. I'm estimating a minimum of 20 people and a max of 30 for lunch. If anyone on the list isn't going to attend or more people want to attend please post or drop me a PM. I really think we will have a great time and the Museum just received a few special cars from Rennsport. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please let me know.

Bob
Old 11-17-2011, 03:11 PM
Jason Judd
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good job Bob!

And the weather is supposed to be in our favor...

Jason
Old 11-18-2011, 02:01 PM
davesnothere
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Argh - I wish I could make this drive! Everyone take plenty of pictures!

- Dave
Old 11-18-2011, 02:07 PM
Jason Judd
Three Wheelin'

Bob,

Just got another Porsche friend interested!

He's having a hard time logging into Rennlist, but asked if he could attend w/ a friend...so that's an add'l 2 people!

Is that OK?

This is turning into something bigger than Rennsport!!

Jason
Old 11-18-2011, 02:21 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jason Judd
Bob,

Just got another Porsche friend interested!

He's having a hard time logging into Rennlist, but asked if he could attend w/ a friend...so that's an add'l 2 people!

Is that OK?

This is turning into something bigger than Rennsport!!

Jason
U bet - all are welcome. I'll need an updated HC for lunch when we get to the museum.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:43 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 198 Posts

Have an enjoyable and safe day trip everyone...I unfortunately can't make it.

We have a pretty big post Turkey Day Garage party-this is our 15th year, about 70 peole usually show up. The main garage(24x40) is pretty much cleaned out, tables, couch's, banquet table, etc...all arranged. The shed out back(16x24) is the designated kids area this year, with ping pong and air hockey tables set up. They got a killer stereo, and a natural gas heater out there, so they'll be fine.

In the main garage, the adults got a big wood stove, another killer stereo, and a big buffet table full of hot and spicy stuff...and a keg of ice cold beer too.

So, tomorrow...right after I get the winters on the wife's new ride-it's get the garages ready to go. Just can't take off for the day with the Pcar, just not enough time for cleaning/set-up/decorating between now and next Friday.

Anyway, looks like a nice day for the trip, enjoy...Saratoga is beautiful.

and if any of you want something to do next Friday starting at 5pm...I'm at 429 Grand Street Oneida, NY 13421
Old 11-18-2011, 07:41 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
Have an enjoyable and safe day trip everyone...I unfortunately can't make it.

We have a pretty big post Turkey Day Garage party-this is our 15th year, about 70 peole usually show up. The main garage(24x40) is pretty much cleaned out, tables, couch's, banquet table, etc...all arranged. The shed out back(16x24) is the designated kids area this year, with ping pong and air hockey tables set up. They got a killer stereo, and a natural gas heater out there, so they'll be fine.

In the main garage, the adults got a big wood stove, another killer stereo, and a big buffet table full of hot and spicy stuff...and a keg of ice cold beer too.

So, tomorrow...right after I get the winters on the wife's new ride-it's get the garages ready to go. Just can't take off for the day with the Pcar, just not enough time for cleaning/set-up/decorating between now and next Friday.

Anyway, looks like a nice day for the trip, enjoy...Saratoga is beautiful.

and if any of you want something to do next Friday starting at 5pm...I'm at 429 Grand Street Oneida, NY 13421
Happy Turkey Day, sorry you can't join us.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:53 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Guys,
Just finished the route, I'm making it simple and fun. I can't imagine anyone will get lost but I'll bring maps for everyone and we can review the details at the museum or the restaurant. Fill em with gas tonight and get ready for an enjoyable day with your P car or whatever you bring. See you at the Plattekill Service Area at 9am. BTW, they have a Starbucks there too..
Old 11-19-2011, 12:32 AM
Ish993
Burning Brakes

Bob - I'm not gonna make it tomorrow, hope y'all have a great trip, post lotza pics !

And try to behave
Old 11-19-2011, 01:11 AM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Originally Posted by Ish993
Bob - I'm not gonna make it tomorrow, hope y'all have a great trip, post lotza pics !

And try to behave
I'm sorry to hear that maybe next Spring. Thanks for letting me know.

Quick Reply: NY/NJ/CT/MA Rennlist Run to the Saratoga Car Museum-Porsche 60 yrs in America Display