Sponsored by:

Transmission Mount Dimensions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 05:35 PM
chaoscreature
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Okay,
I swung by CupCars place this weekend and saw his project car. Wow! That about sums up the project. Wow!

I also borrowed the transmission mount removal tool. I started turning the prototype mounts this weekend but I ended up screwing up the first set.
The first piece was 100% done when I noticed that I turned the part upside down and the counterbores were now on the inside of the mount... Shoot... Oh well. The second part ended up getting undercut so it will probably not sit right. I am going to hang onto it just in case the transmount hole is a little undersized. I will get another set done between tonight and tomorrow night and hope to do a "DIY" writeup on the process this weekend. The energy suspension bushings are ordered but they might not make it in time so this will get pushed back two weeks if they don't make it (the following weekend is Pomona!)

Thanks again to everyone who has helped out on this!
- Peter
Attached Images  
Old 11-07-2011, 08:10 PM
windydog
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You must be an engineer too. To bad the days of G jobs are gone :-(.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:22 PM
Jeff96-993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi chaos, I'm interested in borrowing the mount removal tool also. I'll send a PM to cupcar to check on availability.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:19 PM
chaoscreature
Burning Brakes

WindyDog,
Yeah, guilty as charged. I had to google what a G Job was though...

I am always amazed at the number of engineers in the Porsche circuit. There have been some discussions in the PCA AX pits worthy of University lecture halls. I think the quality of the Porsche mechanical bits attract engineers, like a good mechanical watch.

IF CupCar is okay with the tool being sent on a "Rennlist Tour" like the tie rod drilling tools than I would be more than happy to send them out. If he doesn't want them shipped around the world I will get an estimate to replicate the tooling and will rent it out to make up for the tooling cost until its paid for, then it would be free to use.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:41 PM
Jeff96-993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did PM cupcar, he was good with shipping it along for my go at this. I've got an RS mount that's been sitting on the shelf for way too long. I'll send you a PM with my address.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:20 AM
chaoscreature
Burning Brakes

To anyone subscribed to this thread I have a new post in Transmission R&R Without Removing Transmission.

Quick Reply: Transmission Mount Dimensions?