Sponsored by:

Thoughts on parting out a 993 C2?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 09:30 PM
Paddy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by jscott82
Sorry to hear about your misfortune.... Its heartbreaking and humbling, but in the end you are OK, that's most important.

How handy are you with a wrench? Sounds like my accident at in 08, crushed right front, right rear, and left front.... Never got a quote, but imagine it would have been around 15k. I did a lot of the work myself, and found a great body guy that would work on the side to take care of the bits that were over my head (straightening the rear quarter).. In the end, took 6 months and cost right at 5k, and I'm very pleased with the results. Once you take the pressure of its a Poorsha off, and turn it into a race car, the cost comes down...
If there is any question to the chassis damage, get it to a pro and put it on a rack to check the particulars first, if the chassis is straight, the rest is just bolt on pieces.

Best of luck
Jeff
PM Sent.

Hog Pen
Old 10-24-2011, 09:39 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry to hear. Similar to what I did to RSA #1 in a race. Glad the car was a cheap tweaked chassis to begin with. Too bad you're cross country, and I've got no time for that always postponed faux GT2...... Well, keep me in mind if you pull the driveline and other good stuff, and just want to put the carcass on a truck. All I need is a repairable coupe shell and the rear subframe.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on parting out a 993 C2?