Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To South African, Kiwi, Aussie & Japanese Rennlisters..

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 01:41 PM
marcb993
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To South African, Kiwi, Aussie & Japanese Rennlisters..

Do your 993 / 964s all come with the small white rectangular identification sticker affixed to the underside of the front hood ?

UK cars definitely do, but am looking at a non-UK RHD drive car which doesn't have one and was wondering if it could be that the hood had been replaced, or whether perhaps the sticker was never applied.

My understanding is that the sticker is always applied at the factory and that the dealer transfers a supplied duplicate of that sticker into the service book, so that you have one sticker on the car and a matching one in the service book.

However, I have also been told that the sticker under the hood is not factory applied, but rather dealer applied, and I am keen to find out which is correct.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:43 PM
RS man
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Japanese market Porsches are LHD. They also appear not to have the sticker under the bonnet.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:26 AM
Afrika
Rennlist Member

Mine has no sticker, but I do know the bonnet has been re-sprayed. While I was searching for cars, I saw another RHD which did have the sticker. I know this for sure because I wrote down the option codes from there.
It should be there, but whether it is factory applied or dealer applied, I'm not sure.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:39 AM
JimOz
Instructor

Mine has the sticker.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:58 AM
p993enthusiast
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You left out the Hong Kong chaps. I have the options sticker as well.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:54 AM
marcb993
Advanced

Hi Alan,

I hadn't forgotten you guys, for some reason i decided to address you directly on the HK rennlisters thread elsewhere on the forum. I appreciate your response though. There is a chance I might be coming out to HK for a while, so I look forward to meeting you all if that happens.

JimOz, RS man and Afrika, thanks for your help on this as well.

Thanks to you, Macca, and a few other people, it would appear that based on this straw poll, Japan is the only country among those that we have discussed here where the cars did not have the sticker from birth.

The UK, USA, HK, NZ, Aussie, SA and Singapore market cars all appear to have had the stickers applied.

Quick Reply: To South African, Kiwi, Aussie & Japanese Rennlisters..