993 Forum 1995-1998

OT: GT2RS crash claims the life of the owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 02:12 AM
camlob
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT: GT2RS crash claims the life of the owner

The reason for me posting this is a clear reminder of the safety points that most of the hard core track guys harp on. Roll cage etc. Drive safe guys!

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...on-safety.html
Old 09-30-2011, 02:39 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

Sober reminder indeed. I have always maintained that simple DE's pose a significant risk due to the high speed nature and the fact that when you are the track you are going to come close to your personal limits most of the times. things can go wrong sometimes beyond your control, so going out with full safety gear is not a poser's thing but a real necessity. Personally i wont go out anymore without full safety equipment including the fire suit.
RIP and condolences to the family involved in this tragedy
Old 09-30-2011, 09:43 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by camlob
The reason for me posting this is a clear reminder of the safety points that most of the hard core track guys harp on. Roll cage etc. Drive safe guys!
Definitely. Since the cockpit looks very intact, it doesn't appear that a roll cage would have helped the driver. 911's have really good rollover protection even without a roll bar or cage, at least based on the rollovers I've seen at DE's.

Originally Posted by DJF1
Sober reminder indeed. I have always maintained that simple DE's pose a significant risk due to the high speed nature and the fact that when you are the track you are going to come close to your personal limits most of the times. things can go wrong sometimes beyond your control, so going out with full safety gear is not a poser's thing but a real necessity. Personally i wont go out anymore without full safety equipment including the fire suit.
RIP and condolences to the family involved in this tragedy
I'm with you, Danny. I feel naked if I'm on the track in jeans, a long sleeve shirt and a helmet. I figure, I've got the equipment; why not wear it?

Quick Reply: OT: GT2RS crash claims the life of the owner