Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Thinking of selling my Riviera Blue 993 C2S....

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 207 Likes on 76 Posts

Last edited by Opo; 07-03-2014 at 01:21 AM.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:26 PM
VGM911
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How many times are we going to bang GYMGUY over the head for how he handled the listing?

Mark in Baltimore said it all (and said it very well), so any further bashing of GYMGUY (which does seem well-deserved) is simply repetitive without adding to our main area of interest, which is what will this rather unique car sell for?

Stay tuned.....
Old 08-06-2012, 04:29 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

^^^ Hmmmm. I wonder who that is?
Old 08-06-2012, 04:33 PM
GYMGUY
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Updated pics for those that care, more of the original documentation will be added tonight:

http://photobucket.com/98RBC2S
Old 08-06-2012, 04:47 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

33 pages, several threads and still another 4 days left on the auction. EPIC is an understatement. Can't wait to see how this all pans out.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:52 PM
GYMGUY
Instructor

Originally Posted by CorrdoBrit
33 pages, several threads and still another 4 days left on the auction. EPIC is an understatement. Can't wait to see how this all pans out.
Fot the first and probably only time I agree with you...........
Old 08-06-2012, 07:30 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

On a discussion board that has had a long reputation as being a safe haven for transactions, there should be zero mystery as to why many people are up in arms. The problem is that GYMGUY is responding with backpedaling, snickers and winks, all the while using the number of interested buyers and the high price as warped justification for his tactics, the door to his Scrooge McDuck room flung wide open for his windfall. He knows he's been caught dead to rights, but there's no way he can or will admit that he's doing anything wrong. He simply can't allow that to happen because...it...will...make...him...look...bad. Funny how it's worked out the way it has, right?

Because GYMGUY can't admit he's done anything wrong, many of us feel the need to sanction his actions. His behavior mocks the board, so it only makes sense that people feel the need to hammer him in an effort to make him think twice before he tries this again on the 993 board, the GT3 board, wherever. Moreover, it should make others think twice before doing this, and if that makes the 993 board a safer place, I'm all for it.

Those who disagree with me, I say let's let the founder of Rennlist, John D., decide whether GYMGUY's actions are honorable. No one knows the foundations of this site better than Mr. Dunkle.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:42 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

^^^ Sorry Mark, I don't agree, this has turned into a witchhunt. The guy has been backed into a corner and to be frank, it feels like bullying to me. Nothing that has gone on in this thread has anything to do with his eBay auction. Anybody who's bidding on his car is well aware at this point of any discrepancies that were put into the ad to begin with. What's the point then? It feels 'personal' and that's not what RL is about either. I think everybody needs to take a time-out and if John D. were to do anything, he should close this thread and move it to O.T.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:49 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JPP
^^^ Sorry Mark, I don't agree, this has turned into a witchhunt. The guy has been backed into a corner and to be frank, it feels like bullying to me. Nothing that has gone on in this thread has anything to do with his eBay auction. Anybody who's bidding on his car is well aware at this point of any discrepancies that were put into the ad to begin with. What's the point then? It feels 'personal' and that's not what RL is about either. I think everybody needs to take a time-out and if John D. were to do anything, he should close this thread and move it to O.T.
I don't think it's bullying it all, but I guess it depends on your definition of the word, JP. Here's the first entry for dictionary.com: a blustering, quarrelsome, overbearing person who habitually badgers and intimidates smaller or weaker people.

What about GYMGUY is smaller or weaker? Is it the lying or the typos?
Old 08-06-2012, 07:54 PM
boman993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JPP
THIS!!!!

I hope this car sells for what it's worth to the buyer!
Old 08-06-2012, 07:55 PM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JPP
+1. We're beating the proverbial dead horse here. IMHO.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:03 PM
Blue TTop
Pro

Received 68 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by JPP
I completely agree.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:16 PM
ginch
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 77 Posts

+1. It doesn't seem as though the amount of previous owners has altered the value of the car at all. Let the guy make his money. I wish I would have bought the car myself and flipped it for a cool $50K. How often does that happen?
Old 08-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ginch
+1. It doesn't seem as though the amount of previous owners has altered the value of the car at all.
The direct relationship between the number of owners and the value of the car is absolutely and unequivocally not the point and never has been the point; honesty is the point.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:22 PM
GYMGUY
Instructor

To Mark in Baltimore, this is the last time I am going to say this. Why would I lie about something that is impossible to lie about? I have sent all requested information to every potential buyer that has asked to include a daily diary of every outing logged by the original owner. All joking aside I am making smart remarks because none of the three of four of you that keep repeating yourselves have paid attention to that. Everyone that has seen the car in person has seen all the paperwork with it. I should have waited to post about the car being the only, but Richard Sloan from Sloan cars told me himself it is the only Riviera Cashmere in existence and that is why I posted it. I am trying to get documentation from him and from a couple local PCA guys to confirm. Not one of the potential buyers has even asked me the question, and the ones I have talked to are telling me much more about the car then I obviously know. I suggest anyone that thinks I beat up the old man to call him yourselves, I came in after the dealer that was screwing with him and paid him 5k more. He was more then happy. Funny when I bought the cat people were saying I paid turbo money for it. Believe what you want, but if you are that concerned then call him. No matter what I say the four or five of you are going to keep going. The fact of the matter is when I bought this car on this board some of you said congratulations and some of you said I wasn't a true enthusiast and didn't deserve the car. Pretty much the same as this thread. I absolutely did not start this thread to sell this car, I started it because I know virtually nothing about 993's and was looking for some advice. I have nothing more to say on the car. If you are interested come see it and if you are not then don't. This was amusing because I took everything lightly, but it has really is starting to get old. At this point just believe whatever you want to believe.

Quick Reply: Thinking of selling my Riviera Blue 993 C2S....