Sponsored by:

Roy Disney's 993 Hardbacks in black for sale in NY/NJ

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 06:24 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,034 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
Once owned by Disney, now sold by Deadhead?

Sorry to dig this up but......

I was just PMed by someone asking me to "practice what I preach" in response to a comment I made in another thread. I commented on using tact. To the individual who PMed and anyone else who may have taken offense to the above comment, I sincerely apologize.

Last edited by timothymoffat; 10-01-2011 at 07:25 PM.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:11 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I was just PMed by someone asking me to "practice what I preech" in response to a comment I made in another thread. I commented on using tact. To the individual who PMed and anyone else who may have taken offense to the above comment, I sincerely apologize.
Well, I still thought it .. and although I commend you for making ammends to keep resentments at a minimum around here .. I still thought it and for good reason.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:16 PM
sonny1
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CAA
Roy Disney owned a dark green 993 Turbo with black sports seats. I don't doubt the veracity of the ad as much as wonder why you would pull these from the car.
Why they will take it from the car? well they weight a ton, and the ulphostery doesn'n hold up that well + they can make a good buck out of them.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:50 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

I was just PMed by someone asking me to "practice what I preach" in response to a comment I made in another thread. I commented on using tact. To the individual who PMed and anyone else who may have taken offense to the above comment, I sincerely apologize.
Timothy,

I think it's great to be consistent in the application of one's principles, and I don't know the context of what you said before, but in this instance, are we really talking about someone who is defending one of the slipperiest car dealers/curbstoners that Rennlist has seen? Please, my 993 brethren, you're fine, and your alliteratively amusing post was appreciated by more than a few people. If your post had referenced a 'lister in good standing rather than a charlatan and a cheat, then I could maybe see how your post could be mildly offensive. JPP knows the deal.

I want to make sure no one here is ever afraid to call out someone who purports themselves to be something that they are not.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Ed Burdell
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If they were from Jon Voight's car, you might have something.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:57 PM
s4for5
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Hey Mark in Baltimore, you are full of Crap

I have read all your posts knocking deadhead and I am sick of your keyboard cowboy antics.
The only one here calling him out is you.
Not 1 person has chimed in and said deadhead cheated them.
Only your continual unfounded vindictive attacks.
If you have such a problem with him why don't you just report him to the moderators?
As a matter of fact I have found him to be an upfront, honest, knowledgeable porsche enthusiast who happens to find nice cars and accessories as a hobby.
Because he chooses to not answer all your BS posts does not make him guilty of all the crap you toss out
Deadhead helped me buy a sweet 86 Targa, sold me my 993, and he helped me locate and transport my R32 with no profit to him other than a promise of a cold beer someday.
Just one rennlister helping out another which is exactly how this place is supposed to be.
I see many others posting multiple sales yet you seem to ignore them?
Time to get off your soapbox Mark and take a look in the mirror.

Last edited by s4for5; 10-03-2011 at 01:05 AM.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:04 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by s4for5
I have read all your posts knocking deadhead and I am sick of your keyboard cowboy BS.
If you have such a problem with him why don't you just report him to the moderators?
As a matter of fact I have found him to be an upfront, honest, knowledgeable porsche enthusiast who happens to find nice cars and accessories as a hobby.
Because he chooses to not answer all your bull**** posts does not make him guilty of all the crap you toss out
Deadhead helped me buy a sweet 86 Targa, sold me my 993, and he helped me locate and transport my R32 with no profit to him other than a promise of a cold beer someday.
Just one rennlister helping out another which is exactly how this place is supposed to be.

Mirror? I am not a car dealer nor have I ever sold any car here on Rennlist, so I don’t know what you’re referring to.

I think that’s wonderful that you’ve had a positive experience with DH, but, sorry, the facts are undeniable and not “unfounded” as you say. Here, perhaps you missed this thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...-for-sale.html. The relevant stuff starts at around post 35. If you can't see the inconsistencies, then I'm afraid your personal and business relationship with DH has colored your objectivity.

Because no one has come forth and publicly stated that they were cheated, it is not accurate to assume that there are no victims. Also, keep in mind that many people prefer to keep a low profile regarding their dealings with less than stellar transactions and are not as openly vocal as I am. As such, I have received numerous emails and PM’s from people who have had issues with their car and parts transactions with him.

What other Rennlisters have had multiple (six transactions in six months) sales and are claiming that all of those sales involved their personal cars? I don't check every forum and don't always check the For Sale section, so any links you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

The biggest issue is that deadhead1960 uses the Rennlist trust to placate buyers' concerns and makes up stories so that the buyers feel better about potential purchases. This is wrong. This is why I call attention to his antics. I really don't want to see any good Rennlisters bilked by this charlatan.

It’s really quite easy how this whole thing can be avoided: Be honest. It’s as simple as that. Transparency is king here. All deadhead1960 has to do is say to Rennlist that, yes, he is a car dealer/curbstoner/whatever and come clean as opposed to his usual modus operandi of staying silent.

Thank you for creating another Google hit for deadhead1960/nrets617.

Last edited by Mark in Baltimore; 10-03-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:28 PM
slickster85
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have read all your posts knocking deadhead and I am sick of your keyboard cowboy antics.
Because he chooses to not answer all your BS posts does not make him guilty of all the crap you toss out
First off, how do you know what has and hasn't happened to other people on the forum? Just because something isn't public doesn't mean it did not happen. Most people keep it to themselves, and don't want air out their mistakes on a public form, especially if it makes them look foolish.

I did just that, and kept it private in a PM to Mark, because when I was looking for my first 993 Mark helped me in my search.

I said on one of the forum posts that I was looking for a 95 993 and was having trouble finding on in my area, Connecticut, DH then PM'd with a link to his pelican ad that had his black 95 993 listed. I spoke with him on the phone and he explained to me he had bought this Porsche down south and that he needed to sell it because he bought a track car. I looked over the car and while there were some signs of damage/wear I thought the price was ok and I fell in love with the idea of having a 993, even with the body and check engine light issues should have put me off.

After agreeing on a price, the fuzziness started. After a stream of reason why the title having a "not actual mileage" issue wasn't a big deal and was "really a non issue and for most air cooled Porsche guys a normal occurrence." I started to worry, then the "well I bought it from a guy in Texas who owned it for a while" to "It did come from Victory Motors" to "You can call my mechanic he already did a PPI" I thought, with Mark's help, it was better to try and find another car, no harm done.

I did not at the time know anything about DH's other issues on RL. I'm in the late 20's, I don't know as much about these cars as people in their 40's,50's, etc do. I came on to RL because my local PCA members told me it was a place I could go to find a well taken care of 993 that someone had looked after. Clearly my trust was misplace, and that's my fault, the euphoria had set in about Porsche ownership.

I was not looking for rock bottom pricing, I was not trying to find the deal of the century, I was looking for a clean, well taken care of 993 from another Porsche enthusiast, not a "dealer".

I don't have a problem with people selling car to make money, I did it right out of college, I do however have a problem with people not being upfront about what it is they are doing.

Mark was nice enough to offer to post this anonymously for me, but I think Mark's right, if people don't stand up and speak, nothing happens.

Back to my wonderful Polar Sliver 993 that I love dearly and bought from an enthusiast here on RL.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:35 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Is there a prize for starting the annual 'Thread from Hell" award? The funniest thing about it is, I never did get ANY pictures or information from the seller on those HB sportseats ... you remember, the original subject of the thread ...
Old 10-03-2011, 05:51 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

What, this thread was about seats......
Old 10-03-2011, 06:08 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 415 Likes on 233 Posts

After agreeing on a price, the fuzziness started. After a stream of reason why the title having a "not actual mileage" issue wasn't a big deal and was "really a non issue and for most air cooled Porsche guys a normal occurrence." I started to worry, then the "well I bought it from a guy in Texas who owned it for a while" to "It did come from Victory Motors" to "You can call my mechanic he already did a PPI"

Ouch.

Andreas
Old 10-03-2011, 06:11 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I, for one, am glad these questionable sales tactics by Porsche 'owners' are discussed and exposed. Its the lack of response to repeated requests for clarification regarding his status on this forum that speaks volumes.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:25 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by slickster85
First off, how do you know what has and hasn't happened to other people on the forum? Just because something isn't public doesn't mean it did not happen. Most people keep it to themselves, and don't want air out their mistakes on a public form, especially if it makes them look foolish.

I did just that, and kept it private in a PM to Mark, because when I was looking for my first 993 Mark helped me in my search.

I said on one of the forum posts that I was looking for a 95 993 and was having trouble finding on in my area, Connecticut, DH then PM'd with a link to his pelican ad that had his black 95 993 listed. I spoke with him on the phone and he explained to me he had bought this Porsche down south and that he needed to sell it because he bought a track car. I looked over the car and while there were some signs of damage/wear I thought the price was ok and I fell in love with the idea of having a 993, even with the body and check engine light issues should have put me off.

After agreeing on a price, the fuzziness started. After a stream of reason why the title having a "not actual mileage" issue wasn't a big deal and was "really a non issue and for most air cooled Porsche guys a normal occurrence." I started to worry, then the "well I bought it from a guy in Texas who owned it for a while" to "It did come from Victory Motors" to "You can call my mechanic he already did a PPI" I thought, with Mark's help, it was better to try and find another car, no harm done.

I did not at the time know anything about DH's other issues on RL. I'm in the late 20's, I don't know as much about these cars as people in their 40's,50's, etc do. I came on to RL because my local PCA members told me it was a place I could go to find a well taken care of 993 that someone had looked after. Clearly my trust was misplace, and that's my fault, the euphoria had set in about Porsche ownership.

I was not looking for rock bottom pricing, I was not trying to find the deal of the century, I was looking for a clean, well taken care of 993 from another Porsche enthusiast, not a "dealer".

I don't have a problem with people selling car to make money, I did it right out of college, I do however have a problem with people not being upfront about what it is they are doing.

Mark was nice enough to offer to post this anonymously for me, but I think Mark's right, if people don't stand up and speak, nothing happens.

Back to my wonderful Polar Sliver 993 that I love dearly and bought from an enthusiast here on RL.
Thank you for posting this as well as sending me your PM today. You are definitely standing up to help others, and your experience is exactly why I keep on pressing the deadhead1960 issue. Lies, deceptions, shadiness...it's all total and complete bullsh*t to prey on unsuspecting buyers and Rennlisters who expect some degree of trust from us.

Originally Posted by CorrdoBrit
I, for one, am glad these questionable sales tactics by Porsche 'owners' are discussed and exposed. Its the lack of response to repeated requests for clarification regarding his status on this forum that speaks volumes.
Indeed, CB, indeed.

Keep in mind that slickster85's PM/post is but one piece of evidence that I have of deadhead1960's shady sales tactics. Bravo for you that you had a positive transaction, but four negative transactions out of ten positive transactions does not mean that DH is not taking advantage of the Rennlist trust.

Deadhead, you should be ashamed of yourself. Wait, you have no shame, and therein lies the heart of the matter.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:43 PM
Spidey 993

Full Disclosure: I haven't bought a single thing from Deadhead

I was looking for someone to perform a Rennfax on a 993TT in Concord, Mass last week. I PMd Deadhead hoping if he was in area, he would check it out. He was in the area, but about 30 miles away. He offered his time to go check out the car for me. He spent about 3 hours, driving there and back, talking to the seller, and with me about the car. He even sends me a boatload of pics for me to view back here at home. I chose not to buy the car for my tracking purposes, but thats another story.

DH and I have talked on the phone twice in the last year, besides this car. Once about a orange 993TT at Truspeed and once about a Turbo-S in FL. I have talked to many RL on the phone and met a few in person. My relationship with DH seems very much like the others, a very positive one. So when I see these posts, it doesn't seem to line up to the guy who I have gotten to know at some small level. I'm not taking a side, only showing a side of DH that has been a positive one for me. He has nothing to gain from helping me out, but has chosen to do so.

I asked awhile back on another thread, what is it going to take to resolve this issue? It just seems like its never going to end. It's a fair question, and I won't do the Rodney King comment.

Last edited by Spidey 993; 10-04-2011 at 01:20 AM. Reason: clarified my bad grammer
Old 10-04-2011, 05:01 AM
parsonii
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i tried buying these seats but the first guy that saw them bought them .... i was bumbed.

Quick Reply: Roy Disney's 993 Hardbacks in black for sale in NY/NJ