Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Experience with automobile insurance companies that offer agreed to value policies

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 06:07 PM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

Check both options - I have no restrictions, pay no more than a standard policy and have an agreed upon value of $57K that does not depreciate or change.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:14 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Getting agreed value made sense several months ago when KBB was way below actual market value. Not so important now. But its a question I'd want to ask when shopping around. In the event of a total loss what would the policy pay?
Old 09-21-2011, 07:31 PM
solomonschris
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got a binder from Grundy Worldwide for an agreed value of $88,000 for $1,284. I had to agree it wasn't my daily driver. The most important component of all this is how they perform in the event of a claim. As much as I love this site, I'm hoping I never test this. Onward into the fog.....Chris
Old 09-21-2011, 08:55 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm playing the same game for my RUF. I fear that if I have a total loss, it would be hard to prove the value of the RUF conversion. I currently insure with USAA and they do not offer stated value policies. While they do tell me that I am fully covered, and the burden is on me to prove the value of the Ruf conversion (I have all paperwork). And there are very few sales to prove the value of the car.

The stated value quotes that I am getting are very high. Chubb was $1,993 (ironic) for $90k stated value. That is very high, IMO. My current policy cost is $950. I am shopping the various recommendations, but am concerned about the exclusions mentioned.

So, am I more concerned about USAA not paying me the value of the car in the event of a total loss, or more concerned that a stated value policy company would try to find a way to exlcude coverage? Hmm, not sure.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:58 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm not sure I understand. You've insured a 1995 993 for $88K? I hope you don't think you'll get anything close to that in the case of a total loss. Sounds like you've overpaid for more coverage than you'd ever hope to need.

Quick Reply: Experience with automobile insurance companies that offer agreed to value policies