HiFi speaker solutions...

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 09:27 AM
M. Schneider
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 72 Likes on 59 Posts
Default HiFi speaker solutions...

The below link is to a Germany based car audio / electronics integrator. Take a look around their web site and pay attention to the 993 911 coupe solution for the rear speaker/driver placement. Audibly speaking its very creative although that’s an enormous amount of full bandwidth acoustic energy coming from the behind the drivers seat. I like the look/size of the “enclosure” so-to-speak (not sure of the enclosure volume in terms of Thiele-Small-Parameters) so possibly there’s an opportunity to mount two 6.5” or 8” bass drivers sans the mid & HF drivers; plus the rear seats stay operational. The company is known for hi quality enclosure solutions and maybe this could be an alternative to the "sub" in the rear seat footwells. Expensive yeah...
(The Porsche Techquipment HiFi option for my wife’s MY00 Boxster was made by this company. It’s on their web site as a Boxster 986 and or the 996 door and dashboard solution. The 986’s expensive $$$$ Techquipment option added a HiFi amplifier in addition)

I’m working on an enhancement to the 993 coupe’s front HiFi speaker option. The approach is to use the Dynaudio drivers and DSP/amplification sourced from the late model VW / Dynaudio car options. – Going stealth! Their 3” soft dome mid-driver fits nicely behind the 993 HiFi options Nokia mid-driver location in the front door. And by going to an active amplifier/DSP solution this minimizes the short comings of the Porsche /Becker head units signature. Here’s another link to a Germany based firm providing a DSP based EQ solution. http://www.audiotec-fischer.com

http://www.jehnert.de

Last edited by M. Schneider; 08-15-2011 at 06:59 PM.

Quick Reply: HiFi speaker solutions...