Porsche of Albuquerque incident*UPDATE*

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 08:10 PM
Leon993
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Porsche of Albuquerque incident*UPDATE*

Fellas,

Im pleased to inform you that based on my incident, my insurance company will only refer the Porsche of Albuquerque dealer for windshield repairs UNLESS the customer specifically requests it.

They called me Friday to see "when I could come in" to fix the paint job. Idiots. I already took care of it myself, see picture below. Had the car buffed and its back to its old splendor. I gave special care to the hood and area around windshield.

Incidently, a friend of mine refered me to an article on The Truth About Cars website and it gave some good tips on how to really stick it to the dealer:

Write a letter to:

Matthias Müller, CEO

Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG

Porscheplatz 1

D-70435 Stuttgart

Germany

Send it FEDEX.

Here is what will happen: Herr Müller will never read it. An assistant will send it down to the Service Dept. They will get angry at the U.S. side and bounce the matter to them. It will come with a note from the office of the CEO. U.S. needs to report back to the German Service Dept, and the German Service Dept will have to report to Müller’s assistant. Detailed statistics are kept about this. Chances are 70:30 that you will receive a phone call and the matter will go away. Not because they suddenly love you as a customer, but because they need to report back to Germany that the matter has been solved.

Makes sense huh? I've just made the Porsche of Albuquerque my pet project! Im exposing their negligence.
Attached Images  
Old 08-14-2011, 08:28 PM
MDamen
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get the general impression that any dealership of any make is best equipped to handle cars that are still under warranty. As the cars get older they demand special knowledge that very few dealerships want to keep up with. Plus, the factory will probably drop the training once the technology has been superseded. It's at that point we turn to resources like Rennlist to find the independent repair shops that know how to fix our cars, or we seek out the help to fix it ourselves.

By the way, nice looking car Leon.

Quick Reply: Porsche of Albuquerque incident*UPDATE*