Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BOOSTER seat fit

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011 | 12:01 PM
pchak
Pro

Default BOOSTER seat fit

After getting plenty of great advice by searching the archives for proper fitting car seats when the twinadoes were under 40 lbs, I'm looking for the simple boosters that are for kids 4-8 over 40 lbs. (you'd think I could just have them sit on a phone book totoughtn them up, but the wife and the State frown on that ). Usually, this is just a base, without a back.

The "definitve list" really didn't address, so if anyone has any suggestions, I'd like to ditch the OEM seat, as the base doesn't fit as well as you'd think, and my other seat is one-piece.

Sorry for resurrecting one of those tired topics, but for those with older kids and ever restrictive laws being passed, this is a bit more relevant.

Thanks!
Old 07-30-2011 | 07:13 PM
Aircooled Dave
Instructor

I hear ya. The ever changing laws do make things more difficult. Especially when people do find things that work in these older cars only to find they are now obsolete a mere year or two later and the replacement doesn't fit the same.

When I was looking for car seats for my little ones (2.5yrs and 9mo) it was a lot more difficult. It is the convertible and infant seats that are the biggest pain to fit in these cars. Once you get to boosters things seem to get easier. I didn't buy just a booster base for obvious reasons, but from looking at these in the stores it seems like most would have a good chance of fitting. They lack all the backrests, harnesses and seat bases that make everything else so difficult to fit. They're also super cheap in comparison. Most seem to be in the $20-40 range.

I don't know if anyone else has more specific info, but perhaps you could just go out and give a few a try. You could be the first contributor to a new 2011 child booster seat list.
Old 07-30-2011 | 09:31 PM
Reuben
Addict
Rennlist Member

Recaro Vivos fit perfectly in the coupe (maybe not the cabriolet though). I like the side bolsters, and my boys (five and seven) are very, very snug and comfortable in the seats.

Last edited by Reuben; 04-09-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Old 07-31-2011 | 01:27 AM
JM993
Banned

Originally Posted by Reuben
Recaro Vivos fit perfectly in the coupe (maybe not the cabriolet though). I like the side bolsters, and my boys (five and seven) are very, very snug and comfortable in the seats.
That's great info. Do you need to remove the bottom pad or does the seat rest on top of it?
Old 07-31-2011 | 09:22 AM
95_993
Race Car

Our Britax Parkway Booster worked well for me in a coupe.

Quick Reply: BOOSTER seat fit