Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT ~ Jager is coming to Little Rock. Anyone want to.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 08:57 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 357 Likes on 158 Posts
Default OT ~ Jager is coming to Little Rock. Anyone want to.....

...... join us for dinner Tuesday or Wednesday. Little Rock will never be the same

I know there are a few of us here in the central Arkansas / Little Rock area so if you want to join us, let me know.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:07 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Tue dinner @ the Rock sounds good!

See ya soon...
(Writing from CA)
Old 07-30-2011, 05:14 AM
erick72pors
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are definitely few people in Little Rock- I just flew to Little Rock earlier this week from Dallas. I was the only single person on the plane; essentially a private plane for me! Wish I had time to visit the beautiful Ozark mountains though but I only had 2 hours before I had to take my other flight to Memphis.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:02 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by erick72pors
There are definitely few people in Little Rock- I just flew to Little Rock earlier this week from Dallas. I was the only single person on the plane; essentially a private plane for me! Wish I had time to visit the beautiful Ozark mountains though but I only had 2 hours before I had to take my other flight to Memphis.
HOLY COW!! You are a lucky man! I've never been on a flight back or forth to Little Rock that wasn't packed to the gills, especially in the summer months. Usually they are overbooked and bribing people to take later flights. ESPECIALLY to and from Dallas. Wow. Was it Southwest? They have the highest rates right now and that might have something to do with it. I'm not flying them anymore, and they used to be my FAV in and out of LIT. BTW: the City of Little Rock's Population is around 195,000 people. That's not counting North Little Rock 62,000 or Maumelle's 18,900. I live in Maumelle and I think it's crowded. TO MANY PEOPLE!!! lol

We wish you had time to visit the Ozarks too. Next time try to make some and we'll visit. Better yet, if you don't live too far, try to make it to PorschePalooza in November. Nothing like 225 Porsche's booming though the Ozark Mountains around Eureka Springs.

Tuesday it is Jager!

Hey Jag ~ I know you are going to the 356 White Glove event in Dana Point tomorrow monring....... are you sure you want to meet up at 8:00am with the other Speedster folks at the entrance to the concours? By that time the entrance is usually a mess for you to just 'pull up' and wait for someone. You want to tick 356 people off, that will do it. I think you'll have to go in and find the biggest open spot up agains the cliffs and get a kick butt shot of y'all. We were there at 6:00am a few years ago and were not the first ones on the grass by no means, although we were there in BadMax so we got front row center .

Are you doing Irvine today and the run on Ortega Hwy with all the 356's & 911's? RObert just shouted out to me form the other room... "YEAH, they are all in Irvine and Dana Point and we are in MAUUUUUMELLE!" well... that's life, sugar, get used to it.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:03 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default 997 Speedster wanted!

Originally Posted by curve lover

See ya soon...
(Writing from CA)
Originally Posted by RJT

Hey Jag ~ I know you are going to the 356 event in Dana Point tomorrow monring.......
Jo-- Thanks for helping get the word out...

A friend of JoAnne's & I are making an effort to assemble the entire Porsche Speedster line-up tomorrow morning, Sun July 31. Anyone know a 997 Speedster owner who'd like to be at Dana Point's Lantern Bay Park before 8 AM tomorrow, Sun, July 31?

Details below!
Originally Posted by curve lover

Greetings from a Colorado kid who just landed in Southern California.
Asking for a RL helping hand: Know any 997 Speedster owners in SoCal?

Anyone interested in possibly making Speedster photographic history Sunday, July 31, needs to please get in touch with me pronto (send me a PM, or respond with your cell # here).

A couple of friends are bringing their 1989 & 964 Speedsters to the 356 Club's Concours at Dana Point's Lantern Bay Park. We're just one 997 short of having the entire Porsche Speedster line-up represented, a world's-first!

We're planning to pull into the Concours entrance promptly at 8 AM to display together. It's a 356 event, & we need to ensure we don't detract in any way from the Club, as would happen if one 911 Speedster shows up late.

Last edited by curve lover; 07-30-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:21 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by RJT

Hey Jag ~ Dana Point tomorrow monring....... are you sure you want to meet up at 8:00am with the other Speedster folks at the entrance to the [concours?
JoAnne-- We're thinking alike:
It's first & foremost a 356 event, so I purposefully got in touch with the 356 Club's organizer to let him know of our plans, & I mentioned the potential congestion.
The above plan's what he directed & it's his show (plus, it's his procedure for non-356s). I bounced it off Sam yesterday, & he's optimistic / happy with it.

Actually, that's an understatement Believe it or not, he's more excited about my idea than I am! He's really jazzed; I luv his enthusiasm. I said he shouldn't encourage my sickness, & he said he's too far gone, himself! He's the best.

He plans to bring a mint 1989 Speedster, & is making calls today to dealers that may have a 997 Speedster they'd like displayed with our 911s. I already contacted the friends made last month that provided the 997s in these Dana point pix. They're also enthused & are trying to help, but both these 997s have since sold.

Any RL hero out there that can help provide a enthusiastic Cali 997 owner in short timing?

Old 07-30-2011, 01:44 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by RJT

Jag ~ Are you doing Irvine today and the run on Ortega Hwy with all the 356's & 911's? RObert just shouted out to me form the other room... "YEAH, they are all in Irvine and Dana Point and we are in MAUUUUUMELLE!" well... that's life, sugar, get used to it.
Really wish y'all could be here, even Max-less.
It's a small world when it comes to air-cooled enthusiasts: I'm lucky that to have friends who both won my favorite class at the Dana Point 356 Concours the last two years.
The "Tour d'Elegance" drive to Lake Elsinore sounds like an absolute blast, but one of the above-mentioned dudes has convinced me to hang with him & his collection tomorrow. He's a blast, & we'll have fun doing our own thing.

There's a really positive feeling from everyone I've talked to regarding tomorrow, Sun. World-class event, setting, cars ... & their people
I know you & Robert have many fun memories with Max & this kinda crowd.
I'll gladly bring some stories with all the other 356 lovers when I see ya Tue ...in "MAUUUUUMELLE," AR!

It's a long-shot, but maybe I'll also be able to bring photos with Sam & Porsche's entire Speedster line-up, too: 356/ 1989/ 964/ & 997!

Old 08-02-2011, 08:21 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Many many fond memories. So many in fact that just thinking back on them brings tears to my eyes (I'm serious).

See you TOMORROW.

Hope they can fix the Audi in a snap!

Quick Reply: OT ~ Jager is coming to Little Rock. Anyone want to.....