Response to Nile13

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 12:39 PM
Dplus
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Response to Nile13

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=86253

I'm not sure why the above thread was closed or who closed it but since Nile13 addressed me publicly; did he call me stupid? I think it only fair I have a chance to respond to him publicly.

"English is by far not my first (or second, or third) language. That's not an excuse for the seller to be disrespectful to a potential buyer, period." Nile13.

When I said that "English may not be his first language" I was simply speculating, giving him the benefit of the doubt. I did agree that his response seems dick-ish but we never read the question that was posed to him. Maybe the question was equally dick-ish and he responded appropriately.

It's very impressive that you are multi-lingual, not sarcasm, I am impressed by anyone that speaks more than one language or can read music. English is my first and only language and I can only read tab. So I apologize if my previous post was not clearly written.

I agree with you that it is stupid to believe in stereotypes but when they seem to be proven true as in the above thread, it's no longer a stereotype. Someone new to this forum that's considering a Porsche may read that thread and think to themselves, "those things I always heard about Porsche owners is true, they're elitist a-holes". Again, just speculation on my part.

"I'd rather they believe that I'm a rich elitist with direct connection to US Treasury, US Supreme Court and God Almighty. Less lip from them this way." Nile13.

OK, If that's what you want, but I don't understand how that affords you "less lip." I've always thought being kind, helpful and understanding of others affords you less lip. A little empathy goes a long way. Not everyone has the opportunities, brainpower, genetics, education, I.Q., etc. as everyone else.

"And, oh, you've just perpetrated yet another stereotype" Nile13.

I'm not sure how or which stereotype I was perpetuating. I was trying to play devil's advocate and simply say that we didn't know the entire story here and that intentionally sending questions to the seller just for the sake of goofing on him behind is back is to me, inappropriate.

Some stereotypes of Bostonians are that they are, snobbish, rude, alcoholics and bad drivers, but I'm not "stupid" enough to believe that. Until I experience for myself.

I would like thank all those on this site that have helped me learn about and enjoy my car for the last 11 months.

However, after reading this thread and the few similar threads in the past, (crome and the lady selling the locked 993 without keys) the timing seems right not to renew my membership and go back to lurking and searching the archives for my answers. This community is not for me.

Thanks again,

Darell
Old 07-21-2011, 12:43 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Old 07-21-2011, 01:00 PM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

If I want drama, I will call my ex-wife....PM this crap.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:05 PM
C2Cab95
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 07-21-2011, 01:13 PM
ironimages
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1
Old 07-21-2011, 01:14 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,043 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by ironimages
+1
Don't forget the beer.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:17 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 144 Posts

The internetz is serious bizness.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:22 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Paging Mr Nile... Clean up on Isle 13.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:29 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

If nothing else, the responses have been most amusing.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:47 PM
TMc993
Rennlist Member

Received 552 Likes on 348 Posts

Oh man....Time for me to move over to the "I'd Hit It" thread...Much easier on the eyes
Old 07-21-2011, 01:58 PM
Spidey 993

Look, I am the poster child for sticking my foot in my mouth "Why should I pay for your PPI". At the end of the day, 95% of these guys on this forum are just good people who love Porsches and that includes Nile13. I have also stuck with it and have received invaluable information, met new friends, and had way more enjoyment than one man should have for $17.

If you trip a few times along the way on here, people forgive, forget and are still willing to help. If you get into a "thread beef" (mach, new phrase!) just hammer it out and move forward.

You canceling your membership or letting it expire doesn't hurt anyone but yourself.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:08 PM
The Brewmeister
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Cactus
The internetz is serious bizness.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:13 PM
tommyg
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

...I've been waiting to use this
Old 07-21-2011, 02:20 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

And the hits just keep rollllling in...
Old 07-21-2011, 02:31 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

Darrel, just for the record, I did not call you stupid. I'll say again, believing in a stereotype that Porsche drivers are elitist and whatever else is stupid. So if the original seller or anyone else think that and acts based on that, yep, that's capital-letter Stupid. And if we perpetuate that stereotype here, I have no problem with that. I do it with a big s-eating grin

Now, of your well thought out and passionate post above. Due to my limited reading skills I have not read all of it and have not understood those parts that I have attempted to read. From excellent and, most importantly, short responses of Rennlist brothers I've gathered that you have gone partly nuclear and threaten a great corporation that IBB is with not paying them $17 in protest of some idiot like myself spouting misconstrued opinions on the pages they so nicely groom, maintain and inundate with the finest advertising available. I should probably start feeling bad just about now for the children of IBB employees who will go hungry tonight 9or when your membership expires). Or not.

Seriously, man, the entire original post meant to be tongue in cheek. Just in case - so is this one. I

Quick Reply: Response to Nile13