Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Finally! The RS aero is done

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 11:50 PM
mborkow
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think your car looks great the way it is!
Old 06-27-2011, 02:44 AM
pcarhombre
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great! A look alike to mine only Ocean Blue and I don't have them damned sexy wheels For those asking about fitment, my guy said they were a piece of cake. They come unpainted and need flex agent added. He matched it just fine. Plus the splitters are so low to the ground, it would be hard to see a difference, IMHO. I also looked into OE but I wanted to get away from the fiberglass after crushing one of the front splitters in a pot hole. I'm on the fence about the side skirts too. Plus, I think they cover the stone guards just a bit.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:28 AM
SOS
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by cpdjfd107
+993 on what CorrdoBrit said. My side skirts are secured with the supplied double stick tape, and do not move or budge at all. They are firmly secured, just ask Gt3tek supplier to put extra 3m double stick tape on for you or just do it yourself. I would never have done it if I had to drill anywhere on the car.
If I taped my skirts down, would they be able to hold up long term in a track environment? Also, how hard would it be to remove the skirts without damaging the paint once taped?

If the answers are yes and easy then I would definitely get the sideskirts.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:44 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 79 Likes on 60 Posts

I have the Gt3Tek RS side skirts. I did NOT drill any holes, I used the double sided tape that came with the kit. It was a 2-3 on a scale of 1-10 as a DIY to install.

I did not paint them either, nor did I scuff them, I mounted them right out of the box from GT3Tek.
Joel was a pleasure to deal with, very simple, I called up, gave them my credit card info, and the skirts arrived the next day.

I was not so rapid about installing them, as they sat at the shop for aobut a month before I got around to them.

They might not be for everyone, but I like them, they give the side of the car a bit of an edge.

As far as them holding up to a track environment, I think they would be fine, I check them periodically, and they are quite snug. There is a screw at the bottom of the rear wheel well that holds it in, as well as several screws along the bottom and towards the front of the car.
Attached Images     
Old 06-27-2011, 12:49 PM
ryano
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dont the GT3tek sides have a slightly different finish than the OEM ones? less matte?
Old 06-27-2011, 12:51 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 79 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by ryano
dont the GT3tek sides have a slightly different finish than the OEM ones? less matte?
The GT3Tek skirts are actually a bit shiny, see my pics above. In previous threads, people have suggested using a fine sand paper on them to rough them up a little. I did not see the need to.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:33 PM
Bradford
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

DB_NC.....looks great! I may be in the minority, but I agree with you about the side skirts. Looks much cleaner with them off.

Quick Reply: Finally! The RS aero is done