Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT - Skip Barber Laguna Seca School

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 04:56 PM
porschemikeandnancy
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did SB at Lime Rock 15 years ago. They were using BMW 3 Series then - and they had an automatic for those stick shift impaired. I did a 2 day school. The instructors were very competent. I note that almost half the class were very young "just starting" drivers. Great gift from a parent to a new driver. For the entire 2 days, the instructors were trying to "goad me" into letting them put my 911 on the track. I declined. During the school (2 days) every car had to have its tires replaced. And they shaved the tires to start.

The funniest thing I recall was that after a year or so at the school (during that time they run up only a few thousand miles on each car) (but what miles!!!). They told me the cars are then "auctioned" off to BMW dealers - after refurbishing. (new suspension pieces, including shocks, bushings, brake rotors and pads) and other than an oil change, that was about it.

A great 2 days - 15 years ago it cost about $900 per student. Must have doubled by now.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:10 PM
2Many Cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Getting anywhere from Syracuse blows.....
I can relate as we have a place on the west side of Seneca Lake we head to every year and it isn't easy to get to - usually go into Rochester via Chicago.

When you leave SFO take the US 380 connector (just outside the rental car pick-up) over the US 280. Go South on 280 to Rt 85 South, then take Rt 101 South to Monterey. It actually more direct than taking 101 the whole way, you'll avoid most of the San Jose traffic and 280 is a much nicer road. A radar detector would be a good idea though. Have fun. LS is a great track.

Quick Reply: OT - Skip Barber Laguna Seca School