Radio Code....revisted?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 05:41 PM
jnicol
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Radio Code....revisted?

Hi All,

Thanks in advance to anyone who can direct me on this! I've read all the posts in the archives, contacted a P dealer and still no luck.

Problem is the usual: replaced battery and must enter code for radio to work. Have the factory CDR 210.

Verified serial number by pulling out radio.... code matching paperwork was hand written on the side. Called dealer who verified the code matched the serial number.

I am entering the code and then pressing up on the right hand selector (But I have also tried down, the left selector, the S and just waiting, and I've tried holding it down for 2 seconds). I am now well into the dreaded WAIT for 60 minutes after 3 failed attempts.

Any input greatly appreciated.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:48 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

Enter code, press right down button. Should get it done.

PM me the serial number if you like, I have a friend who can look it up for you.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:47 PM
jnicol
Instructor

Originally Posted by ilko
Enter code, press right down button. Should get it done.

PM me the serial number if you like, I have a friend who can look it up for you.
Thanks. Tried pressing right down. Holding for a while. Nothing. I also tried all other buttons. Interesting to note that I can press any other button and nothing happens, but pressing that right button (either up or down) returns it to "CODE" immediately.

Thanks for offering to check the serial number and code. I did check it by pulling the unit, confirming the serial and the code with a dealer... and it matches my paper work so I am fairly confident I have the correct code.

I am back in the 60 minute "WAIT". Any other ideas?
Old 05-12-2011, 12:38 PM
jnicol
Instructor

Update: I have continued to try every imaginable permutation and called two Porsche dealers to see if there was a 'trick' I was missing. Then called Becker. They confirmed the code was correct and suggested that the radio's ECU must have been corrupted and would require repair or replace. Think I'll get something with iPod compatibility.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:13 PM
shadow993
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I don't recall which button by my mechanic pushed a number button after the uptown before he entered a code. I think it was like the 5 or 6.

The advisor tried and couldn't do it via instructions. Call boardwalk porsche Plano Texas
Old 05-12-2011, 11:31 PM
Cemoto
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 74 Posts

Is there someone near you that will let you try their removable faceplate before you send it for service?

Worth a shot.

BTW, CR-210 faceplates work w/ the CDR-210 units.

Regards,
Old 05-13-2011, 02:27 AM
jnicol
Instructor

Originally Posted by Cemoto
Is there someone near you that will let you try their removable faceplate before you send it for service?

Worth a shot.

BTW, CR-210 faceplates work w/ the CDR-210 units.

Regards,
Good idea! No.... but I might be in the company of a few other 993s this WE.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:53 AM
jnicol
Instructor

So, to wrap this up. Radio now works!! And to sum up, pulled radio and confirmed serial #, then confirmed code which was written on side of radio and in radio manual with Porsche and Becker. Becker suggested I get it repaired or replaced.... I had given up and was pulled over while on a trip this weekend flipping through my manual looking for something else when out of the manual folder slips a radio code 'card'. The code on this card did not match the other 'correct' code. But I gave it a try and it worked!!!! What the devil?!
Old 05-16-2011, 02:09 PM
2Many Cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats! I love happy endings. Don't lose the new code!

Quick Reply: Radio Code....revisted?