Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 07:58 PM
Johan928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 129k mile 1996 993 c2 value?

Hi guys,

I bought this car in 2009 with ~125k miles, and have done a bit of work on it since.

I purchased it from the second owner, who bought the car with ~100k miles, from the Porsche dealer in Oklahoma City, and drove it ~25k miles before moving on to a 996 C4. He had the steering rack replaced, the alternator, and rear shocks replaced. Around ~100-106 k miles he had the original ignition wires replaced, along with caps, rotors, and a set of fresh plugs.

The car has also had the starter and fuel pump replaced. I do have records from the PO and some records from the Porsche dealer where it was serviced. The dealer purged their electronic records at some point so I do not have them from when the car was new.

I am thinking of putting the car for sale, and was hoping for some input on what you feel the value may be.

I am not home at present, and don't have the complete list, but some of the items I recall are:

- New windshield + Porsche seals
- Repaired rust bubbles on lower windshield + painted by body shop at base and on pillars.
- Short shifter kit from Fister Motorsports
- Upper & lower valve cover gaskets + timing chain gaskets
- Clutch slave cylinder
- Bushings for front lower control arms
- Front rotors and brake pads
- New battery
- New headlamp lenses
- Clutch, t/o bearing, pressure plate
- Rear main seal
- 6 Hydraulic lifters on drivers side (had a ticking on this side, replaced all 6 and no more ticking)
- All four O2 sensors

The car is definitely a driver, and not concours. It has some road rash on the nose, and some dings and dimples and scratches on it. The interior is not terrible, but again not perfect. Tires are factory with decent Michelin rubber.

Thanks in advance for your input & thoughts.
Attached Images      
Old 04-26-2011, 08:18 PM
gaby1088
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say 21-23.5 it looks in GREAT condition. There is only so far that a car like this can go down in value IMO

edit: im no expert, this is just how much I would pay for this car.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:23 PM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Has the car ever been damaged ?
If not I would say 22k tops.
Dings/scratches and worn items (for example door rubbers) makes me think that is the max.
Another higher mile 993 recently sold for 24K, it still had original paint and the desirable sport seats.

Quick Reply: 129k mile 1996 993 c2 value?