993 Forum 1995-1998

FS: 1995 Porsche 993 Carrera Coupe. PCA Concours Winner. Only 38k Miles. SoCal

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 07:19 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts

Very nice 993. My Boxster S is Guards Red / Black. That color combination looks better in person than in photos. And thoughs photos look great.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:35 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by CalvinC4S
Meguiars detailer spray, keeps a ultra clean car clean with out water deposits getting into unseen areas. Concorse thing...
Sorry in advance to the OP for the derail, but... if there's any dust on the car, doesn't it end up with micro-scratches everywhere if you just use this method rather than washing the dust and dirt off beforehand?
Old 04-21-2011, 07:42 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by gonzilla
Sorry in advance to the OP for the derail, but... if there's any dust on the car, doesn't it end up with micro-scratches everywhere if you just use this method rather than washing the dust and dirt off beforehand?
Fair question I think given the claim made by the OP. Very hard to believe a car has only seen water twice in its entire life. I'm also interested to know how the vehicle was cleaned.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:50 PM
CalvinC4S
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gonzilla
doesn't it end up with micro-scratches everywhere
If you don't allow your car to get dirty it works great. lube/soap stuff is great, try it with a nice micro fiber towel. I'll bet you buy it again.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:57 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

If you don't allow your car to get dirty it works great. lube/soap stuff is great, try it with a nice micro fiber towel. I'll bet you buy it again.
I have quick detailer, but I don't use it unless I'm in a real pinch, and try to get the dust off the car beforehand.

I still have yet to master the "not allowing my car to get dirty" part. I feel like mine gets dusty before I'm even done drying it. It's a real testament to cleanliness that the OP's client managed to get that car dirty enough to wash only two times in 16 years. I need to park mine in his garage!

OK, I'll stop crashing the OP's thread now. Sorry again!
Old 04-21-2011, 07:58 PM
CalvinC4S
Drifting

Originally Posted by CorrdoBrit
Fair question I think given the claim made by the OP. Very hard to believe a car has only seen water twice in its entire life
Not hard to believe at all on a Sunday driver. I didn't wash my 4S once in 4 years when using a detail spray after each drive. The car was cleaner then it was when it was new. Water hose would have made it dirty if you can understand that.

Less then full enjoyment some would say, it was the car not me and was rewarding in another way.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:46 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 339 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by CorrdoBrit
Fair question I think given the claim made by the OP. Very hard to believe a car has only seen water twice in its entire life. I'm also interested to know how the vehicle was cleaned.
We don't use water on our P-Cars (except for the Cayenne's we've had), unless absolutely necessary when we first take delivery the car. I can think of only two of hand that had to be water washed upon delivery. We only use Speed Shine and clay and wax (when needed). Even BadMax, our pride and joy was NEVER washed with water once we got our hands on it, and we won at Parade and many other places without using water. Go figure

993 content: Our '96 SY 993 C4S was never washed with water nor was the '98 Cab. Ever.
Our '97 C2S was washed with water, but only because we drove it home in snow instead of shipping it so we HAD to give it a water bath....

The Concours bug is hard to kill. GO waterless.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:58 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Guess I have much to learn about detailing. Technology has moved on quite a bit.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:11 PM
BobbyT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

Yes, the one that sold for $45K had the more desirable cashmere interior.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:23 PM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BobbyT
I call cashmere interior "less desirable"---I'll take black any day of the week over tan. Personal preference but everthing goes good with black.

I do have tan interior in my white Navigator.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:25 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

I believe the defining factor is a member can only advertise Personal Property here, not on behalf of others.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:32 PM
CalvinC4S
Drifting

Originally Posted by 95 C4 993
I call cashmere interior "less desirable"---I'll take black any day of the week over tan. .
+1 GR and black look amazing,
Old 04-21-2011, 09:34 PM
CalvinC4S
Drifting

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
I believe the defining factor is a member can only advertise Personal Property here, not on behalf of others.
Why, I just read about someone finding a awesome yellow coupe for under 30k from a tip by Deadhead... I don't mind it and never read that rule?
Old 04-21-2011, 09:51 PM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Why, I just read about someone finding a awesome yellow coupe for under 30k from a tip by Deadhead... I don't mind it and never read that rule?
I didn't write the rules, just trying to answer your question.
From forum guidelines, by John D.

Phil

"If you are not a Rennlist Sponsor and Promote....
Lately, Rennlist has had a number of businesses and "marketers" soliciting their wares in threads and posts. Some are veiled, whilst others are more brazen. Since Rennlist is the single largest Internet site dedicated to Porsche automobiles and enthusiasts, it is bound to happen. But.......

To be clear, Rennlist would not exist except for paying Sponsors and Members - and they, along with us - feel it is unfair that they subsidize non-Sponsor sales and marketing efforts, often times with competing products with Rennlist Sponsors. In short, if you are not a Sponsor, the Rennlist Charter prohibits commercial posts to the Forums.

What is commercial solicitation? For example...

If you post We/our/my company has... - you are selling something....
If you post We/our/my product is... - you are selling something....
If you post We/our/my customers'... - you are selling something....
If you post We/our/my will be announcing... - you are selling something....
If you post We/our/my test results for our... - you are selling something....
If you post We/our/my can make or supply that... - you are selling something....

If you/your company/product would like to have your unaffiliated/unbiased customers talk about your product - they are more than welcome to do so. However, as a commercial vendor with a sales intent - you are not.

Further, you are more then welcome to participate simply as an individual enthusiast - BUT NOT as a vendor/sales agent with a sales agenda. As well - a "Rennlist Member" does not broker you being a "Rennlist Sponsor" and acting as such, no more than being a Member of a car club entitles you to receive a free commercial full-page color advertisement in their monthly publication.

Finally - if you would like to become a Sponsor - the entry level flat rate is $125 per month, payable three months in advance for not less then one year. Your business will be listed as a Rennlist Sponsor on the Sponsor page without a banner in rotation - and your title changed to reflect your support of this site. You may PayPal your payments, fax a credit card or email jmunson@rennlist.com or admin@rennlist.com for other payment or Sponsor plans (such as a rotating banner, dedicated forum Sponsorship, etc.).

Until you become a paid Sponsor, please understand your "advertisements" will be either edited or deleted, as it's neither "fair" to those who support this site - nor "us", the Rennlist community.

My thanks for your understanding,

John D."
Old 04-21-2011, 09:55 PM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BobbyT
The Red/Cashmere 993 was not sold for $45K as the seller claimed.
He re-listed on Ebay and the car did not meet reserve at $36K ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1995-...6#ht_605wt_728
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...-show-car.html

Quick Reply: FS: 1995 Porsche 993 Carrera Coupe. PCA Concours Winner. Only 38k Miles. SoCal