Resident Sicko
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

BTW: Your welcome for the photoshop.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:39 PM
bavarian06
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is not a first time I'm on a forum so spare me the ridicule. I find it amusing when someone thinks they know how a car should be properly setup when they have zero experience on fast tracks. The car has been on Daytona for crying out out, it needs down force. But I'm sure a guy that autorcross' and drives a cab is a master of aerodynamics, cause he knows how to keep his hair pretty when the top is down (extensive wind testing for sure).

So yes, its open flaming season when someone pretends he knows a lot and makes childish remarks. Nice to see there is a little peanut gang here. Apparently its frowned upon to be different on this forum. I'll keep my posts in the DE/Track section.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:46 PM
greenshoe
Intermediate

To the OP: do what you want with your car. It's yours. Taste is a very subjective thing. However, if you ask for opinions about matters of taste, expect that you're going to get people who don't agree with you.

If you really don't care what people think, then go for it! I'm sure there's folks out there who will love the look of a two-toned car.

It could be a cultural thing too - not sure what part of the world you're from. At least here in the US, the kind of look you like (whether for the track or not) is what we call "ghetto". It's the kind of aesthetic that teenagers and very young guys (mid 20s and under) do to their Hondas, Evos, and M3s. In other words, guys who are of the following demographic (see attached picture). Again, it may be different in other cultures, but here in the US, the kind of aesthetic you like tends to much different than what many Porsche owners like, which is why you're getting the kind of opinions here.
Attached Images  
Old 04-19-2011, 04:48 PM
bart1
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What's up with all the rage and hurt feelings lately?

Old 04-19-2011, 04:59 PM
sds
Advanced

I agree that the the two-tone doesn't fit the 993 design very well.

The 997 is a different car; must be the shape of the luggage cover (rounded), which makes it the two-tone acceptable (but i'm still no fan)
Old 04-19-2011, 05:08 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by bavarian06
The car has been on Daytona for crying out out, it needs down force.
LOL, this line is awesome.

Out of curiosity, do you drive flat out?

Originally Posted by bavarian06
Apparently its frowned upon to be different on this forum. I'll keep my posts in the DE/Track section.
Yes, the racing and DE forum is so much more mature and refined!
Old 04-19-2011, 05:09 PM
Resident Sicko
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It is a simple matter of contour and character lines. The 997 has them as well as well designed "cut" lines... the 993 does not. There is nothing to support a two tone layout except the hood and rain gutters. The form on the 993 is far too organic and will be nearly impossible to create a line over the surfaces that looks good in all angles. Take some masking tape out and give it a try.

It can only be done one way- Poorly.

Background for credibility: Designed cars for a living for the major OEs as well as the speedhouses.

But Greenshoe is right- It is YOUR car and you should do what YOU like.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on two-tone the car?