Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Restoration in San Diego

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 03:22 PM
pitsqrd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Restoration in San Diego

I posted a couple weeks ago about a 993C4S that I am considering. Update is I had the PPI done at Tony Callas' place the car is in great shape. Needs a clutch, new viscous coupling unit and front rotors but other than that, its extremely clean. Will be mine in a few weeks.

In my original post, I also talked about a 79' Euro SC that I need to have "restored." It has 125K miles on it, definitely needs paint and some interior work (seats), probably some suspension and some brake and engine work because its been sitting. Wondering if anyone can provide some recommendations for a good shop in San Diego area for "reasonable restoration." I am not interested in concourse, but a good paint job and mechanical work to make it a reliable driver and occasional DE event.

I have good experience with Black Forrest, but just wondering if anyone knows of other shops I should consider for parts or all of the restoration?

Thanks in advance
Old 04-06-2011, 03:32 PM
vincer77
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'd contact Scott at Scott's Independent in Anaheim. 1885 S. Santa Cruz St., Anaheim, CA 92805

714-634-2027
scottsind@earthlink.net

H's a great 911 expert and may be able to guide you to a shop there in SD.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:28 PM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Received 340 Likes on 238 Posts

There is a Porsche restoration shop in Fallbrook, north of SD - California Porsche Restoration. I saw the shop and examples of their work when I was there on a cycling trip. Very impressive, but it may be overkill for your requirements.

http://www.caporsche.net/
Old 04-07-2011, 02:38 AM
pitsqrd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. Wow, California Porsche Restorations sounds awesome but way too much for what I want to do.
Now I am considering a 3.6L non varioram conversion in the SC. Not sure if I want to put $25-$30K in the restoration of an SC as opposed to taking the same money towards a newer model.

Quick Reply: Need Restoration in San Diego