Sponsored by: DashLynx

Lost my job....

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 10:21 AM
s2racer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks all....the business has certainly changed dramatically over the years, and not necessarily for the better (lower costs, but substantially more volatility and less liquidity). Hi Quadcammer, I'd prefer a mid-tier firm, as my experience has been with those types of organizations. However, I am open to any opportunity. Hi Parnelli...I was with Raymond James in St. Pete. Prior to that, I was with First Union (now Wells), Jefferies and Sterne Agee in Atlanta. I've been on commission for most of my career.

I am fortunate to have a very understanding wife. She tolerates my racing (although it is on hold for the time being), and understands the Porsche thing. She really had no idea what she was getting into when I showed up at a volleyball game straight from Road Atlanta :-).

Marc
Old 04-06-2011, 11:10 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,372 Likes on 794 Posts

Originally Posted by s2racer
Thanks all....the business has certainly changed dramatically over the years, and not necessarily for the better (lower costs, but substantially more volatility and less liquidity). Hi Quadcammer, I'd prefer a mid-tier firm, as my experience has been with those types of organizations. However, I am open to any opportunity. Hi Parnelli...I was with Raymond James in St. Pete. Prior to that, I was with First Union (now Wells), Jefferies and Sterne Agee in Atlanta. I've been on commission for most of my career.

I am fortunate to have a very understanding wife. She tolerates my racing (although it is on hold for the time being), and understands the Porsche thing. She really had no idea what she was getting into when I showed up at a volleyball game straight from Road Atlanta :-).

Marc
Marc,

If you like, you can email me your resume at okamp05@gmail.com and I can pass it along to a number of firms in the NY area.

Were your institutional relationships with entities like Calpers and the like, or smaller and more regional...in other words, how large and influential is your rolodex? (you can stick it in the email if you wish)
Old 04-06-2011, 02:01 PM
2Many Cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was a bond guy at a bulge bracket firm for 20 years and have been on the "outside" for the last 10+ years and don't miss it. The business is not headed in a good direction so cast a wide net as there is definitely life after the trading floor if you use your imagination. Good luck!
Old 04-06-2011, 02:30 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

hopefully you can find something in tampa. St.Petes is a nice area to live.

Quick Reply: Lost my job....