Sponsored by:

60K Service

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 03:42 PM
ryguy993
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 60K Service

Ok, so I finally got all the parts to get the 60K service done. I dropped the car off today at the indy to get all work done.

1.) Oil & Filter change
2.) New Spark Plugs & Wires
3.) New air filter, cabin filter, fuel filter
4.) New hood & trunk shocks
5.) brake fluid flush
6.) Inspect all belts and replace if necessary
7.) New lower valve cover gaskets
8.) New distributor caps & rotors

I ordered all the parts from AutoHausAZ, and the total came to just over $800 bucks. Plus I got free shipping! I cant wait until Saturday! It will be like driving a new 993! Now if this weather could just get a little warmer...
Old 03-24-2011, 03:45 PM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Clean ISV---have them do that unless you have did it yourself.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:51 PM
ryguy993
Racer

I will mention it to them. Is it easy to have done?
Old 03-24-2011, 03:52 PM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very easy to have done. Maybe 1hr labor at the most. Many have done it themselves but Im a gas an oil guy so I let my shop take care of it.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:54 PM
ryguy993
Racer

Originally Posted by 95 C4 993
Very easy to have done. Maybe 1hr labor at the most. Many have done it themselves but Im a gas an oil guy so I let my shop take care of it.
Thanks, I just called and spoke to the owner of the shop who said they will take care of it. It completely slipped my mind when I dropped it off. I am also a "gas & oil guy" Anything to do with removal of engine parts, I'm not the best at...
Old 03-24-2011, 04:09 PM
jan the man
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats excellent. Over the winter I completed basically everything on your list as well as the lifters which were ticking at start up, . Took it out on the road for the first time last sunday. For about 15 minutes one of my lifters was clacking loudly, but that went away. It now runs great, i notice both a difference in power and smothness. You sould have them clean the ICV as well. Mine was pretty gummed up at 65,000k, and its easy to do. Enjoy
Old 03-24-2011, 04:49 PM
CAHRERA
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

I pretty much did the same list that you have for my 60K. But I also had them change the Distributor belt drive. Man, I'm just looking at my log book this was done 4yrs ago and about 9K miles ago. Wow how time flys.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:57 PM
cpdjfd107
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ryan the Isv is very easy to clean. I'm not good with repairing vehicles at all and I have done mine 3 times already. I can take it out in 5 minutes clean it for 10 minutes and replace it in another 5. If they are going to charge you a lot to get it cleaned spend the $ in something else and DIY or I can show you. It is not something you need to have done with a 60k service, it is more of a routine cleaning that we should all probably do once or twice a year.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:16 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 198 Posts

Ryan

how's the clutch pedal working? Any "hard" points in the movement, or "funny squeeking sound's"? Ask your Indy what he thinks about the action of the clutch. At 60K, it might be time for a slave cylinder and hose. The little noise and pedal roughness didn't seem unusual to me, but my mechanic commented immediately about it.

+993 on the distributor belt also.

Hoping to get mine back together this weekend, complete with a couple of "ghetto" temp mods before it hits the body shop.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:24 PM
Franklin229
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by ryguy993
I will mention it to them. Is it easy to have done?
Who's your indy?
Old 03-24-2011, 05:30 PM
Paddy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Have them check your suspension bushings and boots. When was the last time the car was aligned?
Old 03-24-2011, 05:37 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Paddy
Have them check your suspension bushings and boots. When was the last time the car was aligned?
ding, ding, ding...how could I forget the front control arm bushings?

I imagine you'll find cracks in the oem rubber bisquits. It's a labor intensive job, parts and labor will probably add $500 or so to your bill-depending on the labor rate naturally. As mentioned MANY times on here, Walrod bushings make an enormous difference in the car.

Ryan, if you ever experience wandering, tramlining, slight nervousness in the front end...the bushings will nail it back down.

Waaay up on the to-do list..I'm so ashamed I didn't mention it.

and what about motor mounts too?

Just let me know if you need any more help spending your money, OK? I'm no where as smooth, or good as many members here, but I'm trying to play catch up.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:43 PM
ginch
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 80 Posts

Mines going in on Monday for its 60K service. I'm having everything you are having done plus the distributor drive belt and steering rack boots. Can't wait to get it back on the road. Can not believe how much the dealership wanted to charge for the plug wires!!! Even from Pelican they were a little over $500. Why are they so damn expensive????
Old 03-24-2011, 05:47 PM
cpdjfd107
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
ding, ding, ding...how could I forget the front control arm bushings?

I imagine you'll find cracks in the oem rubber bisquits. It's a labor intensive job, parts and labor will probably add $500 or so to your bill-depending on the labor rate naturally. As mentioned MANY times on here, Walrod bushings make an enormous difference in the car.

Ryan, if you ever experience wandering, tramlining, slight nervousness in the front end...the bushings will nail it back down.

Waaay up on the to-do list..I'm so ashamed I didn't mention it.

and what about motor mounts too?

Just let me know if you need any more help spending your money, OK? I'm no where as smooth, or good as many members here, but I'm trying to play catch up.
Ryan FWIW I had 67k miles on my car when I had my clutch done and my motor mounts were shot. I replaced with RS mounts and the difference they made in shifting is lovely. So I'lljump on board with Joe and push you down the slope a little further...RS Clutch, LWF, just say to yourself you will be saving on labor to get the plugs, wires and belts done as the motor would be out so labor is a lot easier, that was my way of justifying the new clutch to the wifey On a non slippery slope note how is your oil temp? I know the low speed resistor for the cooling fan goes out on a few people, mine did, so just a FYI. Make sure the belts you are using say Porsche on them also. Lots of weird things happen with non Porsche belts.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:05 PM
ryguy993
Racer

Originally Posted by Franklin229
Who's your indy?
European imports in Westerly, RI. He specializes in Porsche, Audi, BMW, & Mercedes. I have been using him for all of my service needs with my BMW's & Audi & Porsche for the past 13 years. I told him to check the entire vehicle for any signs of wear.

Quick Reply: 60K Service