Sponsored by:

Front wiper arm

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 04:40 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,076 Likes on 482 Posts
Default Front wiper arm

My driver's side wiper arm stopped working late last year (passenger side works wile driver's side is "free"). Upon closer inspection yesterday, it would appear I need a new one. Quick search reveals this part is ~$260+!

Part # 993 628 028 01. Any help on locating this exotic part for a more reasonable price would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old 03-20-2011, 06:25 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,444 Likes on 836 Posts

www.parts.com has it at $176.

Not sure if they'll ship to canada, but sunset imports will likely have the same price and they should ship to you.

neither of these work, Darin at FDM can probably get it for you at a similar price.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:56 PM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tim, are you sure it doesn't need to be tightened up? Same wiper blade on my car stopped working a few month's back, I took it apart, cleaned and refastened and no problem since (driven all Winter here so it's held up against many blade strokes since...)
Old 03-22-2011, 07:42 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,076 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
www.parts.com has it at $176.

Not sure if they'll ship to canada, but sunset imports will likely have the same price and they should ship to you.

neither of these work, Darin at FDM can probably get it for you at a similar price.
Merci. The Porsche dealer just across the border/45 mins from my place will sell it to me at a similar price to above. I see a run for the border soon: Gas for The Pickup, beer for The Tim, and a single Porsche wiper arm for The Princess.

Originally Posted by mongrelcat
Tim, are you sure it doesn't need to be tightened up? Same wiper blade on my car stopped working a few month's back, I took it apart, cleaned and refastened and no problem since (driven all Winter here so it's held up against many blade strokes since...)
Looks shot to me Jason but I'll investigate further this weekend. Rain in this region of the planet? Nooooooo!

Out of curiousity, how many others have had this problem? Doing a search here, it seems that it's usually the driver's side that fails first.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:12 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 233 Likes on 149 Posts

I am no help but I am installing new PIAA wipers tonight
Old 03-25-2011, 08:46 PM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
.. Out of curiousity, how many others have had this problem? Doing a search here, it seems that it's usually the driver's side that fails first.
Hmmn, no replies. Perhaps

You,,

and I,,

and Cactus...

Are the only owners who use their car in the rain and even know where the wiper stalk is?
Old 03-25-2011, 11:05 PM
shadow993
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by mongrelcat
Hmmn, no replies. Perhaps

You,,

and I,,

and Cactus...

Are the only owners who use their car in the rain and even know where the wiper stalk is?
Uh... You do live in Seattle. Just sayin... Captain obvious .

Quick Reply: Front wiper arm