Sponsored by:

Fuel injector maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 03:50 PM
porschemikeandnancy
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel injector maintenance

What is your experience (if any) in having the fuel injectors cleaned? At what age/mileage?

After cleaning, did you notice any improvement in either a. drivability or b. fuel economy?
Old 03-12-2011, 04:11 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

We always send the injectors out for testing & cleaning on engines with more than 80K on them as its quite worthwhile.

Throttle response and smoothness are noticably improved and in some cases, so is power.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:54 PM
Vorsicht
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I just had mine done at Witchhunter in Bothell, WA. They turned them around in one day. I had about 95K on them. They were totally black. They cleaned them and put in new o-rings and also did a pre and post test showing the improvement.

FWIW, I had one out of six pre-test at 'fair'. The other 5 were 'good'. But the cleaning did improve the flow rate in all of them.

I'm not sure what this means but the 'Static Variance' was 3% before and .9% after. The 'Pulsed Variance' was 3.2% before and 1.6% after.

I can't really say this did or did not improve anything as I did a whole bunch of things at the same time (plugs, wires, etc..) But the car sounds and runs great!
Old 03-12-2011, 05:22 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,403 Likes on 812 Posts

the 78k ones in my turbo were pretty much fine, they passed all the tests, but as above, both static and pulsed variance came down to .9%.

overall, i don't think mine needed to be done, but good piece of mind.

Quick Reply: Fuel injector maintenance