993 Forum 1995-1998

Kenwood KIV-BT900

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 09:33 AM
ble2011
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Kenwood KIV-BT900

I know, not another thread on car stereos. I've had all winter to decide what head unit I wanted to buy. I was going to go with another Alpine, but I think I'm going to get the Kenwood KIV-BT900. I have one question that I cannot find an answer. I know this unit has the ability to display a wallpaper background. For the people that have this unit, will it automatically display the wallpaper as a default background when listing to the radio and/or Ipod? I prefer not to have any "movement" (as the image scrolling with title/artist, bar graphs, etc.) or even displaying the date and time (this is not necessary as I have a clock already). I would prefer a static Porsche logo.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:05 PM
driverj6321
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe you already got your answer...

But I've just installed a KIV-BT900 and I loaded some wallpaper pics, only to find that the unit does not use the image as the background.

Instead, you must choose whether you want the "normal" display (radio freq & RDS and date for tuner, artist & album & album art for iPod, etc.) OR the wallpaper display. This seems seriously wrong, so I'm searching around the 'net trying to find out if I'm doing something wrong.

There are no examples in the manual for this HU, as you no doubt noticed as well. So I can't confirm yet whether this apparent limitation is real, or if there's a way to use an image as the background to the "normal" display.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:21 PM
ble2011
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for the response. I didn't find any more info. I was starting to think I was on my own with this one. So, if I understand your post, you turn on the unit and you get the "normal" display or only the wallpaper? That's odd - how would you know what you selecting? I thought it would work like a screen saver - after a set time, the wallpaper would show. I still like the unit and will probably still buy it because it sounds great and has all the options I'm looking for, but would like to find a definitive answer on this.

Quick Reply: Kenwood KIV-BT900