Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

OT 2005 allroad

Old 03-06-2011, 12:55 PM
polaris 993 sport
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
Default OT 2005 allroad

I have a 2005 Audi ALLROAD non v8. I have a lot of water accumulating behind the drivers seat on the floor-very soaked carpet. It seems to be window washer fluid. At the start of winter I failed to put in the right mixture and as a result. I suspect it froze going back to the rear wiper. We had nights lower than -29c. How can I fix this> I could use this info ASAP as the smell from the alcohol mixture is something else. I also need to have fluid! Thanks!
Old 03-06-2011, 01:28 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,368 Likes on 792 Posts

This may seem obvious, but wouldn't pulling the carpet be a good first step?

Then you can identify the issue, and repair any hosing if you need to.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:17 PM
polaris 993 sport
Pro

Default yes it would but.....

Yes that would be obvious but the carpet is fixed down and will not come up. Their is some sort of vent under the seat and another on the side of the trans tunnel. I suspect it is coming from one of the two if not both. I was hoping for somebody with knowledge of Audi's. I think it might be possible as a lot of you have Audi's. Any a6 knowledge will do-ALL-ROADS are a6's on steroids!
Old 03-06-2011, 04:41 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,368 Likes on 792 Posts

does the rear sprayer work?
Old 03-06-2011, 05:32 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 504 Likes on 186 Posts

I have some experience with these cars, having owned an allroad and an A4 now. And unfortunately I've had water in the footwell issues with them. However, I've never heard of the windshield washer fluid leaking in the footwell as the line goes through the roof of the car...

Removing the carpet is not easy. Drying it is even harder. If you have water in the rear passenger footwell, you will have to remove the rear seat bottom by pulling it up. It's not a big deal. Then remove the door threshold trim and you'll be able to pull the carpet up somewhat. Once you do that you'll be able to determine what kind of liquid is there. Good luck!

BTW, you will have better luck posting on sites like audiworld, audizine, and quattroworld. You'll get better response there.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:46 PM
polaris 993 sport
Pro

Default well

Well the rear window sprayer works and it is wiper fluid on the carpet. I am a member of two Audi forums-they are just not as good as this one at getting back. Our 993 forum rocks!
Is it possible the bottle up front has a crack and is flowing towards the back and coming out these two holes-one under the seat and one from the transmission tunnel. Both are on the drivers side. As it was so cold for so long-it might have cracked it indeed. Any more thoughts before I pull things apart!
Old 03-06-2011, 05:59 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 504 Likes on 186 Posts

My experience with leaks inside Audis is that they always come from below the windshield area - either the fresh cabin air filter or the ECU box. You are 100% positive there is absolutely no water in the driver foot well? Reason why I'm asking is that the water may have gotten through the front and found its way to the rear, especially if you park the car on a slope.

Damn, you got me looking at C5 allroads again, they are awesome cars and I sure could use the extra room!
Old 03-06-2011, 07:38 PM
polaris 993 sport
Pro

Default ok

No I have no leaks in the front and as I said their are open orifices(under fron drivers seat and one on the trans tunnel) for water to come in. Front carpet very dry. Yes they are great cars and as ours has only 22k on the dial-it still feels very new. Plus stage 2 APR upgrade-flashed-340bhp and almost 389-400 torque-at least I am told this. I also put sport exhaust system and more aggressive turbo flap valves. My old mechanic went into the computer system and lowered the car on the first setting but sits at normal height for the rest.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:05 PM
swmic

Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

In addition to what ilko said, I would also check out where the line for the rear wiper squirter is run. Wiper fluid has to get back there some how. I don't know where that line runs. Agreed, allroads totally rock!!!
Old 03-06-2011, 08:24 PM
wagongotya
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Could be entering the car from a few areas, here are some ideas to investigate:
- sunroof: there are drains that can get plugged or tweaked, the liquid may be running down the B pillar.
- ECU box seal: there is a seal/o-ring that "seals" the gap between the ECU box and the hole leading behind the firewall for the engine wiring. This o-ring may be tweaked/folded allowing the liquid draining off the windshield to enter the interior of the car. I have seen this issue twice before.
- rear washer reservoir: either the reservoir is cracked or a fitting is leaking

any of the above could potentially be causing your issue...good luck

sunroof drain:

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OT 2005 allroad