Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi, my name is Joe

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 11:24 AM
RDS928S
Banned

Received 707 Likes on 316 Posts

Im addicted to topless red "air heads" from Germany-not Brazil.

Last edited by RDS928S; 08-26-2014 at 05:03 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:01 PM
ginch
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 80 Posts

Im addicted as well. Constantly looking for things to buy for the C4S! Since parking the car in October i've accumulated the following:

-996 Hollow spoke twists with new rubber
-Fister stage III's with widebody wide ovals
-Aluminum trim rings
-Aluminum C4S Door sills
-Clear front bumper indicators

Plus I'm still kind of on the lookout for seats (hardbacks preferable) and different wheels!

I just can't stop myself!
Old 03-03-2011, 01:49 PM
pcarhombre
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FisterD
I too am an addict but hide it quite well. My family has not called for an intervention just yet.
The other confession I have is that I have become a "dealer" in the same "drugs" I currently use, so I can drag countless others into my little world and make me feel better about myself.

"Goddamn: the pusher man!"
Old 03-03-2011, 02:52 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FisterD
I too am an addict but hide it quite well. My family has not called for an intervention just yet.
The other confession I have is that I have become a "dealer" in the same "drugs" I currently use, so I can drag countless others into my little world and make me feel better about myself.

well said

at least it's legal!
Old 03-03-2011, 03:27 PM
J.B.H.
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I heard a rumor Charlie Sheen might be considering the purchase of a completely stock 993....
Old 03-03-2011, 03:29 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by J.B.H.
I heard a rumor Charlie Sheen might be considering the purchase of a completely stock 993....
WINNING!
Old 03-03-2011, 04:28 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Resident Sicko
LOL...Can I quote that on my sig?
Sure...but you have to take the "topless" part out. LOL. That's just for Cabs.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:30 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by shadow993
So you prefer brazillian women?
Yes, I hear they keep their engine tray off.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:05 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I circumvented the issue by buying one all done. Much, much less expensive. The street car? It's a street car, so not much point in doing much but driving it and maintaining it.

Oh, and I got this modify-off-the-deep-end out of my system in 1980-2 when I took the '68 into first a 2.0S and then into IROC/930 wannabe territory.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:39 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 198 Posts

well, mine's a DD so no fear of parking lots/stone dings/etc. That being said, the car once called Manhatten home, and the bumper covers are the proof.

So, wanting to respray those, led to euro clear corners(damn RL'er selling a new oem set), led to having the bumperettes filled, led to getting the GT3TEK headlight washer delete plugs...which I won't be using now. The clearcoat is so chipped around the old headlight washer hole, that I might as well get it taken care of too. Which lead to having the very visable scratch in the lower part of the pass door/sill blended.

I'll be having the shop do my stone guards for me too while there...oh yea, and repair the door checks also.

I'm also putting the front plate down in the grill ala Speedy.

Anyway, only you guys/gals would understand...but then again only you guys/gals would even notice the imperfections that I'm going after. You are after a tough, and critical bunch. Sitting there behind your computers all anonymous and all, YOU BASTARDS!

I used to think the stock orange corners looked nice, hell even complimented the new retro looking plates. I used to think the marks on the bumpers free'd me from concern, and that gouge on the lower pass door was a non issue. Man was I wrong!

I was second guessing myself when I started this thread...do I REALLY need to do these things now. Hell, I've only had then car since Memorial Day last year for christ sake. Then I remembered...I bolted in the Hard Back seats the day after I brought the car home-got em from another customer at the shop that maintained the car for the PO. I couldn't even order the Stage lll's until I verified Bischoff or Gillet-oh the horror! It was a constant barrage of mods since day 2, so what the hell.

Anyway, all will be good just in time to road chip/bug splatter the **** out of it on the trip down to Hershey. Probably better plan on drowning my tears in fine Belgium beverages while there...who's in?
Old 03-04-2011, 01:56 AM
cdmdriver
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I quit cold turkey, but later had to enter rehab.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:11 PM
Academictech
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Hershey

I'll be there Joe. Trying to get some 993 owner to part with his car. I'll be sure to treat you to one of those fine Belgian beverages...oh wait...that might tempt me to have one too. Geez, these addiction things are harder to overcome than I thought
Old 03-04-2011, 03:19 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Academictech
I'll be there Joe. Trying to get some 993 owner to part with his car. I'll be sure to treat you to one of those fine Belgian beverages...oh wait...that might tempt me to have one too. Geez, these addiction things are harder to overcome than I thought
I assume you'll be staying over that Friday night? We should all try to coordinate our stay. Probably about time to start another thread where RL'ers are staying. I went on the cheap last year, instead of staying at the fancy Hershey Castle or whatever. This might be the year to pony up some mod money for a fancy pad for Friday.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:43 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,034 Likes on 464 Posts

Yes.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:49 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

I'll probably go to Hershey for the day this year. Every other time it's always been on the same weekend as the PCA Club Race at Lime Rock and that's a hoot to go to!

Anyway, not that I'm admitting guilt, but I'm only bringing lunch money and my gas card. You know, not because I'm afraid I'll buy a bunch of stuff but because I want to keep my car lighter and faster

Quick Reply: Hi, my name is Joe