FS 1998 C2S

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 04:40 PM
mmazzone44
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Photos

Originally Posted by _boman
The "fuzz" on the images are a "moire" pattern that happens when a screen printed image/photo is scanned. The screen is visible. These pics are either
scanned from a magazine or book.

Seems weird.
The photos were taken and were 3MB large, the only way I could get them into the 149 KB restriction was to give them the awful look you are seeing. This is not a scanned picture. The car is near new condition, 50-55K is one that folks are asking for a 35,000 mile car, which need work The PPI will check out perfect on this C2S. The under carriage is incredibly spotless. Have a real look at what is out there and you will see a lot of cars needing work or have been beat. I did say a reasonable offer would be considered.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:07 PM
Spidey 993

Jeez, this guy is just like you and me with a shizzy azz camera trying to upload his pictures. Why does everyone always presume the worst? BTW, what magazine takes photos with the trash can behind the car? WTF.

He has the right to ask whatever price he wants to, doesn't mean he is going to get it, doesn't make him a criminal. So all of us are a bunch of no thanks at that price. He is only looking for one yes. my friends
Old 02-08-2011, 06:31 PM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mmazzone44
The photos were taken and were 3MB large, the only way I could get them into the 149 KB restriction was to give them the awful look you are seeing. This is not a scanned picture. The car is near new condition, 50-55K is one that folks are asking for a 35,000 mile car, which need work The PPI will check out perfect on this C2S. The under carriage is incredibly spotless. Have a real look at what is out there and you will see a lot of cars needing work or have been beat. I did say a reasonable offer would be considered.
You can reduce the 3mb files while still keeping them as a .jpg file. Resize them at 72ppi for the monitor and then down to 12 inches or so. Then compress the jpgs so that the file size is within the restriction on Rennlist. The lossy compression of the jpg file won't be noticeable on a computer monitor. As it is you have these in a .gif file. And that moire is making it impossible to see any detail.

You can also pop them onto one of the free photo posting websites (like Photobucket or Flickr) and post the link here. That way you can upload them the way there are without resizing them.

pm me if you have any questions. And GLWS. If you take a lot of detailed pics, then people could see the cherry condition of a mint 11k miles $69k 1998 C2S. (And yes, I honestly want to see what the car looks like.)
Old 02-08-2011, 06:41 PM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Nope, definitely screened images! I shoot RAW files (10+MB) that will never upload here without reducing resolution, and converting to jpeg, and unless I intentionally screen my images nothing I have ever posted here looks that crappy!
Old 02-08-2011, 06:50 PM
Spidey 993

I don't know, maybe I'm just a trusting sap. I guess anything is possible. We'll find out if he responds with the correct
Photos, options and VIN.

Originally Posted by H.H.Chinn
Nope, definitely screened images! I shoot RAW files (10+MB) that will never upload here without reducing resolution, and converting to jpeg, and unless I intentionally screen my images nothing I have ever posted here looks that crappy!

Last edited by Spidey 993; 02-08-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

I'll have to politely disagree.

I asked the OP originally if they were scanned from print (with a low dpi screen.) He said no, and then I noticed they were .gif files.

It's a dithering problem with his smaller .gif files. Hence you get the dot pattern as very apparent. If you use restrictive (over perceptual, etc.), and select dithering as pattern rather than manually (100% etc.) you can get a .gif that looks screened.

The OP apparently misused (or it was not set back to default) their editing program (whatever they used) to where the .gif file developed the "screened" dithering.

Here's an example of a pic of my car from .jpg to .gif when not done correctly.
Attached Images  
Old 02-08-2011, 09:31 PM
JZ98-993
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

All,

I can vouch for the OP as I have actually sat in the car, it really does exist and is not a super imposed "scanned" magazine image.

The car is pristine and one of the few examples left

It just so happens that the OP is extremely web challenged since he is not technical

I am working to help him post some decent high res photos, stay tuned
Old 02-08-2011, 09:41 PM
Spidey 993

See now, that just warms my spleeny heart. Glad to know he is not a Nigerian scammer and just a ****ty technical dude.

Now, about that price, I'm still not convinced GLWS

Originally Posted by JZ98-993
All,

I can vouch for the OP as I have actually sat in the car, it really does exist and is not a super imposed "scanned" magazine image.

It just so happens that the OP is extremely web challenged since he is not technical

Old 02-08-2011, 09:48 PM
Spidey 993

See now, that just warms my spleeny heart. Glad to know he is not a Nigerian scammer and just a ****ty technical dude.

Now, about that price, I'm still not convinced GLWS

Originally Posted by JZ98-993
All,

Old 02-08-2011, 10:33 PM
asofine
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by rome
Sloan wants $85 for this 8k mile C4S... http://sloancars.com/412/1998-c4s-co...ck-7011-miles/

... and he wants $70 for this 12K mile C2S. http://sloancars.com/601/1998-993-ca...y-12588-miles/
Eee gad! These prices make me feel better about my 9,000 mile loaded C4S I just bought for $64k.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:33 PM
Benton
Drifting

Think what you are arguing about here. Step away from the computer for a few. Some of you guys need to relax!
Old 02-08-2011, 11:03 PM
Spidey 993

Originally Posted by Benton
Think what you are arguing about here. Step away from the computer for a few. Some of you guys need to relax!
Trust me, we are not "arguing". LorenFB and Steve W are arguing on another thread. We are just having man fun.

We all hope he sells it for 69k or more. We just like like being crickets in he background.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:52 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Beautiful Porsche! GLWS.

Prices are moving up, gentleman. Confidence and liquidity are coming back into play. Time to start buying toys again.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:56 AM
Benton
Drifting

Originally Posted by tjeff993
Trust me, we are not "arguing". LorenFB and Steve W are arguing on another thread. We are just having man fun.

We all hope he sells it for 69k or more. We just like like being crickets in he background.
Not directed at you, directed at some of the folks attacking "MAM" for ridiculous reasons.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:02 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Onami
You can have my 13,000 mile C2S for $15K less
Yeah, but you wont let anyone drive it in the rain or snow, cold weather, dark out, holidays, before 6:00 AM, left-handed, nor on Sundays!

Quick Reply: FS 1998 C2S