Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Putting Clean Injectors back in place...

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 05:03 PM
targagr
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Putting Clean Injectors back in place...

Got my clean injectors back and insalled them last night...but theres something bugging me. I did not hear any clicking or snapping sound when i installed back in motor or the rails. Im hoping there in ok. Everything is bolted down and clips are in correct slot, i just didnt hear any click sound once i installed rails.
What concerns me most is that when i put inector first in rail then i hear a click but if i put them in the engine first then i diont hear a click from rail.

It is difficult to install injectors first in rail and then all together in motor i find.
so i installed them first in motor and then one at a time in rail..

Should i be worried? should i hear a click?
What experince do you guys have?
Old 02-03-2011, 05:36 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm no expert, but I installed mine in the rails first. My thinking was this: if they're not seated in the air intake tube properly, it's not the end of the world. But if they're not seated in the fuel rail properly, it's quite possible it could be the end of my world.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:42 PM
jan the man
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just put mine back in last week. I installed all of them into the rail first. When i pushed down the three on the passanger side there was a clicking sound. The drivers side made no noise at all. they all appear to be installed corectly, so i am not too concerned. BTW on my 65,000 mile 1995 993 prior to cleaning some of the injector flow paterns were poor, but the flow rates were all within 1% of each other. What did you torque the fuel rail hold down bolts to?
Old 02-03-2011, 05:43 PM
e3photo
Three Wheelin'

I just installed 6 last night, and no click. They have o-rings that are seating into the manifolds, which are plastic or polycarbonate, so I wouldn't expect a click.

Emerald
Old 02-03-2011, 05:43 PM
targagr
Pro

So you heard a snap or click when you installed them in rails first right? i had a hard time trying to install the rail in motor after...
Old 02-03-2011, 05:52 PM
targagr
Pro

jan the man...
I just tightened them untill i felt i had to stop. no torque rench.
Hmm no noise on passenger side ey...maybe i will take out and install on rail first...how did you put back in motor though..im missing something because icouldnt push all 3 in at sane time. SWhould i remove something from rails? Thanks.

Emerald..
Ok that makes sence for the motor part. thanks.

Theother eric..
so did you hear a click from rails?
Old 02-03-2011, 05:58 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Are you using a little bit of lithium grease? That should help get everything seated properly and will help you feel when they lock into place. It only takes a little bit. Without grease, you could quite possibly damage the o-rings in addition to having them not seat properly.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:08 PM
targagr
Pro

No grease..only a couple of them that wouldnt go in.. i think i will redo them by installing on rails first. Is there anything i need to remove from rails in order to push down all three at same time. My rails dont have allot of moving flexibility in the rear.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:22 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,393 Likes on 808 Posts

you are over thinking this.

If you put the injector clips on, and are able to bolt down the rail, everything should be good.

Before you pull it all apart, crank the motor without starting to get some fuel pressure and see what happens.

If it leaks, you may have damaged an o-ring or may have not gotten an injector snug.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:29 PM
jan the man
Rennlist Member

no click when i pushed them into rails, i lubricated o rings with a little wd-40 to silde in nice. Quadcammers, right install is very simple as long as clips are on and bolts tigthened it should be good.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:50 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 683 Likes on 476 Posts

Whenever you install anything that has O-rings, you should lube them with Molykote 55 O-Ring Grease or a similar product.

Quick Reply: Putting Clean Injectors back in place...