993 Forum 1995-1998

Brey-Krause Fire Extinguisher mount question

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 07:04 AM
SwissCarrera
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brey-Krause Fire Extinguisher mount question

I have the option to buy one of these, but how does the actual extinguisher attach to the mount?

See from the pic / description here - http://www.bkauto.com/porsche/r2016.php

It looks like i need a bracket that fits between the mount and the extinguisher?

If anyone has one i'd be grateful to hear what you have done / see pics etc.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:55 AM
Heeltoego
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is designed to accept the standard '2-strap' metal bracket that comes with the typical 2.5 lb (3 inch diameter) bottles.
Attached Images  
Old 01-19-2011, 10:39 AM
g_murray
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1

Definitely need - what I would call - the 'interface' between the fire-extinguisher-bottle, itself, and the B_K 'bar' that is bolted to the underside of the passenger seat.

This comes in various forms -- one or two 'quick release' aluminum 'straps' that loop around both the B_K 'bar' AND the bottle -- or a small plastic 'mount' that bolts to the B_K bar and then 'grabs' onto the bottle courtesy of its own plastic straps/grabbers.

If you wander into any Pepboyz, or the like, and meander over to where they have the fire-extinguishers -- you'll see the 'plastic mounts with straps' - that I refer to -- 'already attached' to the bottles.

The MAIN objective is to *secure* this 2.5lb potential projectile whilst you zip around - yet have it easily accessible and easy to release.

Do note, though, that some of our girlfriends/wives etc. have 'complained' that these 'hit' their calf muscles -- or -- interfere with their ability to put their handbags down. :-O

G.

Quick Reply: Brey-Krause Fire Extinguisher mount question