Sponsored by:

Top won't latch

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 09:53 PM
Chapron67
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top won't latch

Top goes up but won't latch down unless I put pressure on it as it gets close to the top rail. Where is the adjustment? Thanks!
Old 01-09-2011, 12:00 PM
k722070
Three Wheelin'

Received 75 Likes on 48 Posts

this isn't a bad thing, I like having my hand in the top as it closes anyway to lessen the blow as it hits the front latches.
but, to adjust, remove the interior panel next to the passenger side rear seat.
then you will see the cab top transmission. with the top in the closed position the arm of the cab top will be touching one of the micro switches on the exterior of the transmission.
use a phillips to adjust the micro switch so it activates as the top rail hits the front latches.
this mirco switch stops the rear top motors from moving the top forward so don't adjust it too much or your motors will continue to force the top forward after the front latches are working, possibly breaking the little gears on the cables or the micro switch.

if you search the forum enough there should be pictures of the cab top transmissions. but once you pull the rear panel you'll see its a very straight forward process.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:41 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

K72, if you top "hits" (slams) the front latches, have you cables services. Quick. Before the side transmission is kaput. Don't even ask me how I know.

To OP: One possibility, as described above, is that your rear motors stop turning before they bring the roof down enough. The other possibility is faulty (slipping) gear on the front latch. Do both front latches not engage, or just one?

Also, there is a recall on front motors. Has it been done?
Old 01-09-2011, 06:47 PM
Chapron67
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks.

I'll have a look at the mechanism. Before i bought it (6 months ago) the top had trouble closing and they said they replaced and adjusted the cables. Perhaps I need to re-adjust.

Quick Reply: Top won't latch