993 Forum 1995-1998

Selling my '95 nb 993

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 12:29 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by chsu74
Absolutely in addressing the oil consumption. Thinking 3.8L. It is my requirement in owning a 993 unfortunately. Therefore, picking is slim for me so I have to mod
Driven a 3.8? Pretty underwhelming, in and of itself............ One test this Friday if the weather cooperates with decent data v. what I have from the stock engined RSA, and it might be the final nail in the coffin for mine in the yellow car.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:37 PM
pchansen1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One at a time everyone! I'm responding to PM's now! I can only type so fast! Thanks for your continued interest.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:18 PM
pchansen1
Advanced

A few have asked for interior photos. I don't have very many as I'm away from the car until Tuesday. I do have a few that I took of the stereo install. I've included a picture of the door panel to show the speaker install. I am particularly proud of the fact that I was able to take the Focal tweet and place it in the original Porsche tweet speaker grill. With the Hi-Fi door cover on (which it is), there's no sign that anything has been modified.
Attached Images    
Old 12-05-2010, 07:55 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by race911
Driven a 3.8? Pretty underwhelming, in and of itself............ One test this Friday if the weather cooperates with decent data v. what I have from the stock engined RSA, and it might be the final nail in the coffin for mine in the yellow car.
Hmm.. PM sent
Old 12-07-2010, 11:15 AM
pchansen1
Advanced

Okay gentleman, the individual whom initially indicated interested has graciously withdrawn his offer due to unforeseen issues that are not related to this car in any way. This means that the car will be officially listed later on today in the classified for $22,900. Christmas is coming!
Old 12-07-2010, 05:22 PM
pchansen1
Advanced

A couple more interior photos..
Attached Images   
Old 12-08-2010, 02:34 AM
pchansen1
Advanced

Check PM's. Just sent a bunch out.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:37 AM
BSL
Three Wheelin'

Looks very nice and priced well. Another time, and I would be seriously interested in adding her to my garage.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:52 AM
pchansen1
Advanced

For those who have been requesting information and specifically the Carfax, the is an error on the report. The report is showing service being performed on 12/31/2003 in Kentucky with 90,000 miles on the odometer! The car was in Washington State during this time and I have receipts showing as much. The milage during this period was 73,XXX. I've opened an investigation with Carfax to clear this up but it's going to a day or two for them to get back to me. Standby for updates. It might be a good idea for those considering selling their car to pull their Carfax beforehand to confirm it's accuracy. This has literally caused me to spend HOURS on the computer explaining this discrepancy to perspective buyers.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:13 PM
weekndr
8th Gear

Would you consider selling the service manuals separately?
Old 12-08-2010, 12:20 PM
pchansen1
Advanced

The manuals have already been spoken for if a new owner shows no interest in them.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:11 PM
weekndr
8th Gear

Originally Posted by pchansen1
As much as it pains me, I've decided to sell my beloved 993. Kids growing up too fast and it has been decided to switch from a "me" centric toy to a more family oriented toy like a ski boat.
I'd like to get some feedback from you guys on what you think I should ask (of if anyone is interested). I'll post an official ad in the classified section once a fair asking price has been determined.
On with the car:

It's a black on black narrow body 6-speed that just turned 90K miles. Cosmetically, I'd guess an 8/8 inside/outside. I had the front and rear bumpers resprayed, along with the hood if for no other reason than to clean up rock chips and general wear and tear. There was no damage. I've installed Hid's, sprayed the reflectors on the fog lights, added aluminum gauge bezels, LPMM's, valve cover gaskets, and tastefully tinted the windows.
I've also upgraded the stock Hi-Fi system with Focal 6 1/2 components, a Soundstream 380 watt amp, and a Kenwood head unit that includes an iPod connection, and both Bluetooth music streaming and hands-free phone capability.

Mechanically, the car is stock (save for the LPMM and the poor man's motorsound package). I was about to endeavor on a suspension upgrade but I'll leave that up to the new owner as that can be a rather personal choice. The clutch pedal does stick a bit and I have the new master cylinder, slave cylinder, hose and upgraded clutch pedal lever (pt#OEM-99342351903)sitting on my bench. Also sitting on my bench is a set of Walrod control arm bushings).
In the spirit of full disclosure, I have been tracking oil consumption and average about 800 miles/qt. I know what some say, and yes, at some point this engine will need valve guides but the book says 600 miles/ qt is still okay. I've owned the car for 5 years and have put 12000 miles on it in that time frame. It's never let me down. I do all the mx save for a new alternator that was installed when I purchased the car. Sunset did the PPI back then and that was the only squawk.

I'm thinking about the low 20's for a price. I know that this is a tough time to sell a want vs a need but you never know. Let me know what you guys think.
PS- I'll throw in a complete shop manual set to anyone on this forum who buys the car.
On with the pictures:
(no I don't drive the car in the snow- I just couldn't resist the photo op)
Any interest in selling the service manuals?
Old 12-08-2010, 02:12 PM
weekndr
8th Gear

Thanks and good luck.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:56 AM
pchansen1
Advanced

The carfax was cleared up yesterday and.......car sold! You guys have been great and hopefully I won't be without a P-Car for too long. Happy motoring!

Paul Hansen
Old 12-10-2010, 12:51 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

That was quick. Good to hear.

Quick Reply: Selling my '95 nb 993