993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member Saying Hello....More pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010 | 11:52 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Congratulations! Looks like a brand new car. Welcome to the Madness!!

We'll help you spend more money. Suspension ASAP!
Old 12-01-2010 | 11:58 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Great color combo. Welcome and enjoy. Hit the search feature and you'll be busy for hours.
Old 12-02-2010 | 12:30 AM
CeeTwoS
Rennlist Member

Good looking car. Let me know what you do about shocks! I have to do the same on my 98. But I have a question about lowering. Does it change the setup so that you go through tires faster? Heard that from someone NOT on RL.

Slipper Slope ..... I am headed that way tooooo...
Old 12-02-2010 | 02:34 AM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Congratulations and Welcome!! Great looking car!!
Old 12-02-2010 | 06:00 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Yes, welcome. What is it about red that's sooo alluring?
Old 12-02-2010 | 06:06 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CeeTwoS
Good looking car. Let me know what you do about shocks! I have to do the same on my 98. But I have a question about lowering. Does it change the setup so that you go through tires faster? Heard that from someone NOT on RL.

Slipper Slope ..... I am headed that way tooooo...
From past experience with BMWs, all my M3s and 335 were lowered, and never had issue with tire wear. I brought them to BMW afterwards and was aligned back to BMW specs. Even when stock, they all have some negative camber which will wear out the inside tread a little more than the outside but nothing major. Very aggressive drops will require camber plates to compensate.
Old 12-02-2010 | 08:56 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

It's been a couple of days. More pics please.
Old 12-02-2010 | 09:09 PM
Paddy
Rennlist Member

Welcome to Rennlist. Looks just like mine the day I brought her home. A ton has changed over the past five years...
Old 12-02-2010 | 10:47 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Patfat
Welcome to Rennlist. Looks just like mine the day I brought her home. A ton has changed over the past five years...
Thanks Pat. We may see each other on 495 or 95 one of these days I'm in Columbia
Old 12-02-2010 | 11:10 PM
guardsredcab
Rennlist Member

Welcome P-daddy. Beautiful car. Love the wheels.

Black Ice, LOL... best description of the slippery slope I've read in a while.

You know you're blasting down the slope when the UPS man asks your wife to see the car he's become accustomed to delivering parts for on a monthly (if not weekly) basis. Last straw for our UPS dude was when the bubble wrapped DAS roll bar came.
Old 12-02-2010 | 11:20 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Haha....I know what you mean. My UPS guy shook his head the last time he delivered a set of LMs with tires mounted. I haven't ordered anything that heavy since.
Originally Posted by guardsredcab
Welcome P-daddy. Beautiful car. Love the wheels.

Black Ice, LOL... best description of the slippery slope I've read in a while.

You know you're blasting down the slope when the UPS man asks your wife to see the car he's become accustomed to delivering parts for on a monthly (if not weekly) basis. Last straw for our UPS dude was when the bubble wrapped DAS roll bar came.
Old 12-03-2010 | 04:54 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Ah, like me, a convert from the Bavarians! You're gonna love it here! Buncha "crazies"! Sure hope you have an understanding wife 'cause she's really going to be put to the test. (Oh, BTW, you'll save money if you just go ahead and get the Fister Stage III's to begin with. )
Old 12-03-2010 | 06:50 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NC TRACKRAT
Ah, like me, a convert from the Bavarians! You're gonna love it here! Buncha "crazies"! Sure hope you have an understanding wife 'cause she's really going to be put to the test. (Oh, BTW, you'll save money if you just go ahead and get the Fister Stage III's to begin with. )
Understanding wife? Not anymore, just GF I'm contemplating whether to go RSR or Fister. From Youtube, I'm afraid Fister may be too loud for my taste. Anyone local have one I can listen to?
Old 12-04-2010 | 05:15 PM
dcdude
Drifting

Originally Posted by P-daddy
Understanding wife? Not anymore, just GF I'm contemplating whether to go RSR or Fister. From Youtube, I'm afraid Fister may be too loud for my taste. Anyone local have one I can listen to?
Everyone has that concern, then they wind up buying IIIs in the end. Just have Darren ship those and your suspension directly to Andreas' house. Bring a case of Dogfishhead, compliment his hose reel and other artwork and you'll be in the club, big time.

Welcome. Pretty car. I don't normally like GR, but I like yours!

BTW- I, myself, grew up in a bad part of Potomac, MD. Still a big Skins fan, but fortunately for you, you're in Ravens territory.

Last edited by dcdude; 12-04-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 12-04-2010 | 05:39 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by P-daddy
I'm contemplating whether to go RSR or Fister. From Youtube, I'm afraid Fister may be too loud for my taste. Anyone local have one I can listen to?
Gee, it sure didn't take long for you to get infected. This is the slippery slope I was referring to!

I have Stage II Fisters because I thought the IIIs might be too loud too. However, if I was do it again, I'd just get the IIIs. They are really only as loud as you want them to be. Floor the go pedal at higher RPMs and it's loud in a very good way. But it's got a very subdued but menacing burble when you just wanna lay low. Probably the best bang for the buck "cosmetic" mod you can make. I'd go IIIs.

And stay away from Andreas and his Xenit minions if you know what's good for you

Quick Reply: New Member Saying Hello....More pics