Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wings

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010 | 07:35 PM
MIKEY S
3rd Gear

Question wings

I HAVE A 993 S AND I WANT TO PUT A 993 GT2 STYLE WING ON FOR THE TRACK.THERES A COUPLE OF WINGS OUT THERE BUT I DONT KNOW IF THEY ARE GOOD QUALITY OR NOT.DOES ANYONE KNOW A GOOD QUALITY GT2 WING AND WHERE I CAN PURCHASE IT?
Old 11-30-2010 | 07:45 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Welcome! Helpful hint...
Attached Images  
Old 11-30-2010 | 08:11 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Welcome aboard

And the power of "search" is your friend

Old 11-30-2010 | 08:31 PM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

okay, I'll chime in so as not to make us all look like ********* to a new rennlister. There are a few sources, but from my experience, most guys end up buying from Getty or MA Shaw (you can find both online).

As an aside, consider potential implications down the road if you elect to race the car in the future. Stock classes do not allow wings (unless available from the factory as an options such as the aerokit II wing). A wing like the 3.8 RS would bump you to prepared. Some guys either remove the wing for races or really clever ones (e.g Mark), fabricate an aluminum spoiler to slide in the 3.8 tail. I have heard some griping from folks (who have the 3.8 RS wing) that the GT2 and clubsport wings are not technically legal for PCA H-prepared because the wing element is perhaps 1/2 to 1" higher than the 3.8 RS wing (and the rules state that the wing must be equivalent to the 3.8 RS wing or 10" below the roofline). Personally, I've seen a bunch of guys with clubsport and GT2 wings in H-prepared and the scrutes have not had an issue.

Also, you should consider whether you want a wing that bolts on to your decklid, or a one piece tail/decklid combo. I did get a ruling from the PCA chief scrute, who said that despite the intent of the rules to keep all body panels of stock material, they would not enforce the rule as it applies to decklid/tail combos as so many people had already done it that it would be onerous to try to enforce it at this point.

Last edited by ninjabones; 11-30-2010 at 08:50 PM.
Old 11-30-2010 | 09:04 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

GT wings and tail bases; Getty, Mashaw have them. Looking for nice downforce blades either the 3.8 element or add supports and get the wing up to the roof line where it really works: EVO banana wings and also Brey Krause has a complete wing available that works well. Be sure to add a front splitter at minimum use the RS splitter.

Quick Reply: wings