Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum-58/)
-   -   993 Child seat..... I found a possible winner (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/604294-993-child-seat-i-found-a-possible-winner.html)

Speedyellow993 11-30-2010 12:20 PM

993 Child seat..... I found a possible winner

I just spent 2 hours at Toys-R-Us and fit a whine bunch of different Child seats.

The winner is the:

Chase™ LX Booster Car Seat

$100.00 CDN

I'll keep you guys posted on the securing of the seat.

PS. The Britax Marathon and Britax Diplomat do not fit correctly. There is no way in hell that anyone can make then fit.

bobesser 11-30-2010 01:20 PM

That is the seat that I am currently using too. Just bought it and it seems to fit well. Just cinched it down with the mighty tite.

Bob

Speedyellow993 11-30-2010 02:08 PM

I just discovered that my 1996 993 Targa has two threaded holes which look like the proper location for the "Teather Anchor"

tanger 11-30-2010 02:13 PM

Any pics? My son is outgrowing the Roundabout and looking for a booster. This would be a great find!

As far as Britax seats, you have to go with the Roundabout. The Marathon and the Diplomat are way too big.

Originally Posted by Speedyellow993 (Post 8095703)
I just spent 2 hours at Toys-R-Us and fit a whine bunch of different Child seats.

The winner is the:

Chase™ LX Booster Car Seat

$100.00 CDN

I'll keep you guys posted on the securing of the seat.

PS. The Britax Marathon and Britax Diplomat do not fit correctly. There is no way in hell that anyone can make then fit.

Speedyellow993 11-30-2010 02:25 PM

No to the Mighty tite !

"DO NOT attach additional padding, toys, or other devices not made by Evenflo to the child restraint. Items not tested with the child restraint could injure the child." (This statement can be found under the Warnings section of all Evenflo Child Restraint manuals)

We do not sanction the use of the Mighty Tite or any other similar device with our products. (Statement by Randy Kiser, Director, Product Safety, Research & Development, Evenflo Company, Inc.)

Speedyellow993 11-30-2010 02:26 PM

It seems like the Mighty tite gives a false sense of security

goofballdeluxe 11-30-2010 02:35 PM

...and to think that up to about 30 years ago, almost all children survived childhood with no baby seats, protective devices of any kind or seat belts.

Amazing.

gonzilla 11-30-2010 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe (Post 8096155)
...and to think that up to about 30 years ago, almost all children survived childhood with no baby seats, protective devices of any kind or seat belts.

Amazing.

Yeah. We never even bother to use a child seat with our 19 month old. They're expensive, ugly and end up matting the carpet down so it looks ugly when you take them out. I usually just throw him in the passenger seat. He loves to stand up and grab onto the dashboard and look out as we go canyon carving!

Floodj 11-30-2010 05:24 PM

I have been looking for a regular forward facing seat for a while now. My older boy is out growing his convertible seat quickly.

Please post some pictures!
Also how does it for lateral stability?

Thanks,
--Joe

bobesser 11-30-2010 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Speedyellow993 (Post 8096112)
It seems like the Mighty tite gives a false sense of security

They can't endorse it because it was never tested with their system. I use it because I can't get the belt tight enough without it and thus the seat would shift around all the time.

Bob

Stealth 993 11-30-2010 09:20 PM

I can't find any kind of infant seat, but nice to know there is something when she gets older.

Speedyellow993 11-30-2010 11:13 PM

The seat fits very well but the chest strap is way too close to my 32 lb kids throat. Its sits about 1 inch from his adams apple. How dangerous is that !!!!!

Garbage!!!! It gets returned tomorrow. I was sooooo close!

Tomorrow we try the Evenflo Generations Combination Booster Car Seat.

It seemed to fit ok today but the Chase XL fit better.

jwalz 12-01-2010 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe (Post 8096155)

Amazing.

Yeah, and we used to ride bikes with no helmets and run with scissors! The most often said statement by our Moms was, "You'll poke your eye out!" I still have yet to meet anyone who lost an eye that way...

bobesser 12-01-2010 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Stealth 993 (Post 8097310)
I can't find any kind of infant seat, but nice to know there is something when she gets older.

For those in a seat, see below [Mine just outgrew and this seat is for sale]

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...seat-done.html

For an actual infant, any of the handle type seats should fit, you just can't use the optional base - you have to strap down with the seat belt, but, they have provision for that. I think ours was a Graco.

Bob

Stealth 993 12-01-2010 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by bobesser (Post 8098433)
For those in a seat, see below [Mine just outgrew and this seat is for sale]

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...seat-done.html

For an actual infant, any of the handle type seats should fit, you just can't use the optional base - you have to strap down with the seat belt, but, they have provision for that. I think ours was a Graco.

Bob

Thanks, but not sure that is going to work, I need the front seat for the Wife. My other car, car seat fits perfectly, it's just the seat belt is not long enough to clip in.