Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowering 993 from US height to euro/ rs whats needed?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 06:49 PM
moots
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering 993 from US height to euro/ rs whats needed?

I am planning to lower my car from us height to probably rs height, here is my question I have coilover jic cross ready to go what else do I need? Rs droplinks? Do I need the evo hub (thing?) for the front? Anything else I am forgetting? Finally I have a set of adjustable h&r sway bars, should I use them or stick to stock. The car will spend 80% of it's life on the street. Thanks for any advice it's great to have this resource, your doing us newbies a great service.
Anthony
Old 11-26-2010, 07:03 PM
johnsjmc
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you will need shorter rear droplinks with stock or adjustable bars.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:55 PM
certz
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 52 Posts

Since you say this will still be an 80% street car, I assume you are lowering it more for looks than handling characteristics. If so, then all you need is the rear drop links - I used Tarett but there are others. You do not need the RS/Evo/GT2 uprights, but work with your mechanic to make sure your geometry does not get too out of whack. I am RS minus ride height and use the stock sways, so you do not have to out the H&R's on, but feel free if you want. That said, the H&R's will stiffen the suspension that much more which you may not like since this is a primarily street car - you might start by not changing them to see how you like the ride.

The JIC's are great and you are going to like the feel versus stock. Good luck and post pictures.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:56 PM
moots
Advanced

I notice the rs droplinks are very curved the tarett are straight, is that a problem at rs height?
Old 11-27-2010, 11:02 AM
johnsjmc
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The RS rear bar is adjustable and fits under the lower control arms . Without the curved links you will not be able to adjust the rear bar to the stiffer position. I don't know if your HR bars are intended to be mounted below like RS or above like a standard bar.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:09 AM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 565 Likes on 389 Posts

993RS hubs are nice for cars lowered to or below RS spec.

RS adjustable sways run below the transverse suspension arms and to get full adjustment range from the rear holes you do need the curved RS droplinks in back. In front you will want stronger droplinks so either RS or Tarret there

There are lots of pics and discussion in the archives
Old 11-27-2010, 01:41 PM
moots
Advanced

So if I use my stock bars can I also use the stock drop links? ( while I save for rs bars and links) thanks

Quick Reply: Lowering 993 from US height to euro/ rs whats needed?