993 Forum 1995-1998

ULTIMATE 993 Snub

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 11:16 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by chopperzz
Very clever for you to delete your last post. What's wrong, don't want people to see your weakness?
On reflection I thought it was inappropriate. I'll let you carry on and push someone else's buttons .
Old 11-15-2010, 11:22 PM
chopperzz
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jdistefa
On reflection I thought it was inappropriate. I'll let you carry on and push someone else's buttons .
I accept your apology.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:25 PM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dcdude
Braggart! I fantasize about life up there in paradise. Have you made it to that Volvo dealer in SLO? One of the managers or owners is a P-car enthusiast (or at least enthusiastic about selling!). Also, watch out for the CHP on the 2-lane north of Cambria. Ask me how I know. And then there's the wine. Whole 'nuther discussion...congrats on the move. Throw a p-car party, I'll come!
Yeah, I've heard about Smith Volvo. He has several P-cars for sale right now (two 993s), about 1/2 dozen Ferraris, and plenty of BMWs. I'm going to try to stop in there one of these days.

CHP definitely make their presence known. And especially around the vineyards and wine tasting venues (a good thing I suppose.) But you learn where they are and they're always in the same spots. Plus the locals flash their lights as warnings when they see any CHP in the bushes.

I've found lots of places to go that are CHP-free. Nice long back roads with very little traffic. I normally stay away from the main roads anyway.

Hey, I'm up for a P-car drive party. Maybe after the new year.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:29 PM
rsr91128
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I hope this doesn't get me kicked out of the club but I waved at a 997 the other day and he waved back.

A couple of days later I got an email from a new PCA member in my area (not very many Pcars in southern Illinois). Turns out it was the same guy and he lives just a few miles away from me, he has loved Porsches forever and got a beautiful 09 997S, on first meeting he offered me, a perfect stranger, the keys to his new car. We went on a great drive and he has already planned out the route for the next drive.

It has nothing to do with air vs. water.

Just enthusiasts vs jerkoffs, it is pretty obvious which is which
Old 11-16-2010, 10:15 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,375 Likes on 795 Posts

Originally Posted by rsr91128
I hope this doesn't get me kicked out of the club but I waved at a 997 the other day and he waved back.

A couple of days later I got an email from a new PCA member in my area (not very many Pcars in southern Illinois). Turns out it was the same guy and he lives just a few miles away from me, he has loved Porsches forever and got a beautiful 09 997S, on first meeting he offered me, a perfect stranger, the keys to his new car. We went on a great drive and he has already planned out the route for the next drive.

It has nothing to do with air vs. water.

Just enthusiasts vs jerkoffs, it is pretty obvious which is which
so if someone doesn't wave/acknowledge, they are a jerkoff?
Old 11-16-2010, 10:41 AM
TX Silver
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
so if someone doesn't wave/acknowledge, they are a jerkoff?
Not necessarily. They could be DWHUA.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:27 PM
dcdude
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That would be great, bring your wife's toy IN your wife's car.
Some of us have made good friends here. Others remain unburdened by such concerns.

Originally Posted by rsr91128
I hope this doesn't get me kicked out of the club but I waved at a 997 the other day and he waved back. A couple of days later I got an email from a new PCA member in my area (not very many Pcars in southern Illinois). Turns out it was the same guy and he lives just a few miles away from me, he has loved Porsches forever and got a beautiful 09 997S, on first meeting he offered me, a perfect stranger, the keys to his new car. We went on a great drive and he has already planned out the route for the next drive. It has nothing to do with air vs. water. Just enthusiasts vs jerkoffs, it is pretty obvious which is which
Cool story. God bless southern Illinois! Would never happen in L.A. I'd be stoked if more of my friends had Porsches...of any kind!
Old 11-16-2010, 08:08 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 4,922 Likes on 1,759 Posts

That would be great, bring your wife's toy IN your wife's car.
Claaaaaaaaaaaaaaassey

Originally Posted by jdistefa
Classy.

I accept your apology.
Claaaaaaaaaaaaaaassey
Old 11-16-2010, 08:20 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Yup.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: ULTIMATE 993 Snub