Sponsored by:

Back by popular demand... the 993 Panda edition

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 07:54 AM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 270 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by CorrdoBrit
Since I started this thread I thought it was beholding to me to make the call. Spoke to the sales guy who was real friendly. He bought it from a dealer in Riverside, so it really has been touring the country.

And no that's not a WRAP folks. That's your genuine b/w paint job. Trunk, engine cover and tail are CF. He says it has a brand new interior right down to the seats, door cards, carpet etc, etc. So you gotta ask why. No records and they want $29,900 for it.

So there you have it. Please form an orderly queue......
the interior went in the car between times that Manhattan Motorcars(MM) had it for sale, it was originally cashmere. MM took the car in trade for a 997 GT2(I think)-a local buyer with lots of money and a short attention span-thought the car would look better with an all black interior. He bought the car, had the interior completely redone, and then traded it back in. Thats what the sales guy told me...

Just before being traded in the forst time to MM, he car just had a very comprehensive 60k service at a place 30 minutes from my house. If the car is solid mechanically, I could probably live with it(or slightly change it) for that kinda money.

Besides above mentioned CF stuff, hood, and front fenders are CF also. I had a scan of the receipt from MM showing over $6K in carbon parts.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:00 AM
Resident Sicko
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

-Not to hate (as I am too new here to judge) but...WTF.

Dr. Ferd just rolled over.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:09 AM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

All it needs are some "Geek Squad" stickers and the 997 LEDs just aren't right!

Quick Reply: Back by popular demand... the 993 Panda edition