Sponsored by:

A few small jobs done this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 06:43 PM
matt777
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default A few small jobs done this weekend

I had high hopes of getting my LWF and short ratio gbx in this weekend but hit a snag with the hardware. I then decided to get a couple of other things done. I changed out the O2 sensor as its probably an original piece. I placed my O2 socket on the sensor only to find that it wasn't even tight. Strange. What should have been an easy job caused much cussing as access to the connector is tight and I didn't realize the little red piece was a slider that had to be pulled to release the connector.
I then removed and cleaned the ISV valve. It was very simple to remove. I doubt the cleaning will have much affect as it didn't appear to be very dirty and I wasn't having any problems. I did chip out the epoxy that covers the allen screws (wear safety glasses as this stuff really flies when you're using a pick!) and turned it counterclockwise in anticipation of the LWF install. I hope to have it running next weekend now and get some feedback before the snow flies. We did get a bit last night.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:16 PM
Rinty
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

...before the snow flies...
Forecast for tomorrow, here. So I had the car out on Highway 66 over Rainy Pass again, yesterday.

Good luck with the work. But you recently had the transmission out, so most of the process should be familiar.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:21 PM
matt777
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rinty
Forecast for tomorrow, here. So I had the car out on Highway 66 over Rainy Pass again, yesterday.

Good luck with the work. But you recently had the transmission out, so most of the process should be familiar.
Yes, the transmission is out again already. Like most things, its much quicker the second time.

Quick Reply: A few small jobs done this weekend