Aventurine 993 in Little Rock

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 11:14 PM
dylanc
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aventurine 993 in Little Rock

Hello to the Rennlist community.

Longtime reader but first time poster. I am in the middle of the search for the first car. It must be a 993. They speak to me. Wondering if any members in the Little Rock Arkansas area would consider taking a peak at the Aventurine 993 they have listed at Evans Motors? I am located in New Mexico.

http://www.evansmotorsinc.com/vehicl...x?VID=89792704

Also if anybody has had dealings with the vendor I would be much obliged to hear about them.

Here is to the thrill of the hunt.
- Dylan
Old 10-21-2010, 12:19 AM
jaa1
Rennlist Member

what a rare color combination..!! if the wife gives you any trouble, you can just say that you bought it as a christmas decoration...
Old 10-21-2010, 12:30 AM
dylanc
Advanced

Yeah. I have actually seen another in this exact combination and it looks surprisingly nice. Much better in person.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:42 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 341 Likes on 152 Posts

I'll contact a few friends in town and see what they think. The dealership isn't in a great neighborhood. Wonder how they got hold of a 993.

We are moving to Little Rock, but not until next month. If we were there we'd check it out for you.

PS: We have a friend in Sherwood too that has had Porsche's if the car is that that lot, I can contact him too.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:13 PM
///msw3
Advanced

Good luck with the search!

rjt, love "the wheel" reference in your avatar, nice!
Old 10-21-2010, 01:27 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 341 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by ///msw3
Good luck with the search!

rjt, love "the wheel" reference in your avatar, nice!
Old 10-21-2010, 01:32 PM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Dylan... JoAnne gave me a call and pointed me in this thread's direction.

I'm in Little Rock and don't mind checking it out for you. Not sure if I can get there today, but I should be able to do it tomorrow if that's soon enough for you. Do you know if it's at the Broadway or Sherwood location? Either is ok... Sherwood isn't that far away.

I'll PM you my contact info so we can chat later and work out details. If I go tomorrow, I can take our good camera and get some good shots of the car.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:56 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Yep, that color interior is called 'Chestnut'. It's really beautiful in person, more of a rich, deep redish/brown.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:38 PM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

Went to check out the car at lunch today. Unfortunately I wasn't able to drive it as it was boxed in with a bunch of motorcycles and other cars all around it and the battery was dead. After what I saw, I decided to just take pictures, give you an update and if you are still interested, we can make arrangements for them to get it freed and jumped so I can take it for a test drive if you'd like.

Initially the car looks very clean. There is a front clear-bra installed so the front has few, if any, rock chips. Interior was very clean and seemed appropriately worn for a car with 57k miles. I took pictures of the driver's bolster and gearshift for you to see. Carpet appeared to be in good shape and I didn't notice any cracking or warping on the dash.

On the exterior, there were a couple of things to note. In particular the driver's rear quarter panel appears to have been repainted. The following 2 pics show what I'm talking about although it's hard to capture through a lens...

First, there is the tell tale sign of the door jamb having been taped prior to spraying because there's a little ridge of paint down the rear side of the jamb. This is the only place I found it... passenger's door doesn't have it and neither do the hood or engine covers. The second thing is that it looks like whoever painted it, painted OVER the clear rock guard on the driver's side. This is really difficult to show in the picture, but where you'd normally feel the edge of the guard... kind of a crisp ridge, it was smoothed and looked like paint filled it in. I didn't want to try and peel it off, but it was markedly different in feel from my previous 993 and the passenger's side of this car where the edge was defined. I may not be explaining it well.

I didn't see signs of major damage in that area and best I could tell, the repaint appears isolated to that quarter panel, primarily up near the driver's door even.

Around the driver's side headlight washer, it looked like the clear bra material was coming loose. I suppose it could be that the clearcoat were peeling, but with the clearbra on, I suspect that's more likely the culprit here:

This is the area in between the windsheild and hood on the driver's side. What I was TRYING to get a picture of was about a 2 - 3" area right next to the rubber trim that looked "worn".

The camera focused on the wrong part of the roof, but the black spot towards the bottom of the picture is what I was trying to get. It may just be some caked on dirt, but looked more like a blemish in the paint. Tried to scrap it off with my finger and it didn't come off.

Both rear wheels really need to be refinished. The fronts weren't bad, although with the backs redone, I suspect the front ones would then look worse.

Driver's rear wheel...

Passenger's rear wheel

Other pics are below... I would be turned off by the painted rock guard myself although the rest of the car looked pretty clean really. If it were cheaper, it may be worth considering, but I don't think it's a $34k car by any means. Let me know if you want me to get back out there and drive her.

\

Front valence... a few scrapes, but overall in good shape. Most of what you see here is dirt and cobwebs.

Engine tray still on... apparently the car is from Colorado.

Old 10-28-2010, 04:43 PM
Dr. Vader
Instructor

Great Color Combo
Old 10-28-2010, 04:48 PM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

You know, I've not seen one with this color combo in person before, but it is striking. Pictures don't do the combination justice. I'm sure it'd look better w/o all the dust and cobwebs and with a little sunlight on it.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:43 PM
k722070
Three Wheelin'

Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

wow!
thanks for posting those pics, that interior is stunning. I've never seen chestnut before, looks deep and comfy.
someone should get an inspection and give this beauty a good home. I would love to see the seats after leatherique.

and for whoever is interested, that key guard spins right off to be replaced. carpets would look great with a vacuum and carpet cleaner application.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:55 PM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

It really was pretty underneath all the dust and the interior looked better in person than the pics came through. The main issue I had with it, again haven't driven it yet, was the repaint on the rear corner. Not necessarily that it had been repainted... at least in the garage lighting, the paint blended well. The issue is they appeared to paint over the stone guard in front of the driver's side wheel.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but it sure felt and looked like there was paint in the seam where the clear guard would normally have a more defined edge when felt with your finger. Just seems odd someone wouldn't remove that guard before painting and just paint over it.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:03 PM
Ed Burdell
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Chestnut is indeed a pretty color in person!

Are there any records with the car? It's important to find out why that rear panel was painted. Does that wheel look newer than the others? Perhaps it was replaced after an accident. Any signs of collateral damage to the frame or suspension in that area?
Old 10-28-2010, 11:48 PM
dylanc
Advanced

Apparently there are records, and nothing to indicate an accident. Patrick is going to take her for a spin and see if it feels good enough to go ahead with a PPI.

Quick Reply: Aventurine 993 in Little Rock