Sponsored by:

Fister Stage 3 received and installed - DIY

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 12:05 AM
lreeves993
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fister Stage 3 received and installed - DIY

I wasn't sure whether to go stage 2 or stage 3 - decided there is nothing more frustrating than "just not enough", so went with stage 3 (core exchange). Received them today and installed in under two hours. Now that I have done it once, I think I could best that by 20 or 30 minutes.

I'm running 19" Ruf's on the C2 and there was just not enough room to slide the old cans out without taking off the rears - probably only needed 1 more inch to have been able to leave them on.

Everything went without a hitch although the brackets connecting cat to muffler were a bit tricky. Just got back from a quick 30 minute drive. I must say the sounds are great - even from inside the car. No droan, very throaty, civil at putter engine speeds and just short of evil under pressure - just what I was hoping they would be. Can't wait to hear it from the outside.

Anyway, I know there are a lot of threads about exhaust but thought I would through a quick word in on the install. Spoke with Darin a few times over the last month - great guy! I know I am going to love the stage 3's.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:16 AM
boulderbobo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lreeves993
Spoke with Darin a few times over the last month - great guy! I know I am going to love the stage 3's.
+993

We like pics of installs...

Bob-
Old 10-08-2010, 11:23 AM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 198 Posts

Just got back from a quick 30 minute drive. I must say the sounds are great - even from inside the car. No droan, very throaty, civil at putter engine speeds and just short of evil under pressure - just what I was hoping they would be. Can't wait to hear it from the outside.

while the WOT, as well as big loud pedal dips sound great...it never ceases to amaze me how much volume-both in noise and exhaust gas volume...comes from these at idle.

Sitting at idle, or lumbering along at near walking speeds will turn heads all day long.

Just great listening to the car warming up mornings before heading off to work. It's very easy to hear from ANYWHERE in the house...probably a couple of neighbors houses too.

what a great mod, enjoy!
Old 10-08-2010, 12:16 PM
lreeves993
Intermediate

Originally Posted by boulderbobo
+993

We like pics of installs...

Bob-
Me too, it was dark and just didn't get any. Picture shiny stainless cans and thats about it.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:18 PM
lreeves993
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
while the WOT, as well as big loud pedal dips sound great...it never ceases to amaze me how much volume-both in noise and exhaust gas volume...comes from these at idle.

Sitting at idle, or lumbering along at near walking speeds will turn heads all day long.

Just great listening to the car warming up mornings before heading off to work. It's very easy to hear from ANYWHERE in the house...probably a couple of neighbors houses too.

what a great mod, enjoy!
No doubt, I got back about 9:30 and we have some rather cranky neighbors behind us - I was worried she would come out swinging a broom!
Old 10-08-2010, 12:48 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
This actually happens to me all the time and I'm running Stage I's! Had two guy's stop and ask me if I had done some kind of V8 conversion last week ..
Old 10-08-2010, 02:04 PM
BufordTJ
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wasn't sure whether to go stage 2 or stage 3 - decided there is nothing more frustrating than "just not enough", so went with stage 3 (core exchange). Received them today and installed in under two hours. Now that I have done it once, I think I could best that by 20 or 30 minutes.

I'm running 19" Ruf's on the C2 and there was just not enough room to slide the old cans out without taking off the rears - probably only needed 1 more inch to have been able to leave them on.

Everything went without a hitch although the brackets connecting cat to muffler were a bit tricky. Just got back from a quick 30 minute drive. I must say the sounds are great - even from inside the car. No droan, very throaty, civil at putter engine speeds and just short of evil under pressure - just what I was hoping they would be. Can't wait to hear it from the outside.

Anyway, I know there are a lot of threads about exhaust but thought I would through a quick word in on the install. Spoke with Darin a few times over the last month - great guy! I know I am going to love the stage 3's.

Great to see you got them installed. Did you have a helper? Did he get his hands dirty?
I can't wait the hear them next month.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:46 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 345 Likes on 181 Posts

Received them today and installed in under two hours. Now that I have done it once, I think I could best that by 20 or 30 minutes.
Showoff.

Originally Posted by BufordTJ
Did you have a helper? Did he get his hands dirty?
Very funny. My hands get dirty every day!
Old 10-08-2010, 03:49 PM
sdcabrio
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the Stage III club. +1 on Darin being great to work with.
Just wait 'til you go through a tunnel or under a wide under-pass, definately a big grin inducer for me.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:36 PM
lreeves993
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BufordTJ
Great to see you got them installed. Did you have a helper? Did he get his hands dirty?
I can't wait the hear them next month.
Nah, no "helper". Everyone down here is scared of grease!
Old 10-08-2010, 05:38 PM
lreeves993
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sdcabrio
Welcome to the Stage III club. +1 on Darin being great to work with.
Just wait 'til you go through a tunnel or under a wide under-pass, definately a big grin inducer for me.
Funny you should mention...in a bit I am on my way to a tunnel that runs under a local airport
Old 10-08-2010, 06:28 PM
TX Silver
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Funny you should mention...in a bit I am on my way to a tunnel that runs under a local airport
Sounds like Addison Airport if you're in North Texas. That could cost a lot in tolls if it sounds good enough.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:39 PM
lreeves993
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TX Silver
Sounds like Addison Airport if you're in North Texas. That could cost a lot in tolls if it sounds good enough.
Nice call - Just a few runs won't break the bank!
Old 10-08-2010, 11:54 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 345 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by TX Silver
Pretty cheap entertainment in my opinion.

Quick Reply: Fister Stage 3 received and installed - DIY