Sponsored by:

FD Drive/BBQ photo thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 02:50 AM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Renaud Bizet
Jon and mister 1PcarNut thanks a lot for installing the HIDs on my car.

Much appreciated !!!!
Originally Posted by JPP
Now you can SEE ^^^^ (hopefully) ..:-) And, thanks Roger for assisting in surgery. You have the 'Magic Touch' sir.
My pleasure Renaud and Jon. Great to put some faces with the names around here. Really enjoyed the day with all you guys and as many have already said, thanks to Ken, Darin, Mark and Kellie! Fun drive, delicious food, (including the fresh raspberrys and blackberrys) and the tractor!
Old 09-26-2010, 03:06 AM
mike993c2s
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the pictures. I took a few with my iPhone so I'll add to the collection here. It's good to see so many Rennlisters and now I can associate the names with some faces. And thanks to Darin, Mark, and Kellie for making this possible.
Attached Images      
Old 09-26-2010, 10:20 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by bramblegrower

Those last two made me recall when my son used to ride the ponies at the fair many years ago.
He looks so natural, so farmlike!

Just to clarify for those who couldn't make it. The White 997 Turbo you can see in the lower right corner in the picture below (originally posted above by Bramblegrower) with the blacked out wheels/mirrors is owned by a woman named Gayle who just happened to be out driving around the Delta, saw us pulled off to the side of the road, pulled a "California 'U' turn" and asked if she could join up which was kind of amazing in it's own right. Then we find out that the car is a Sharkwerks tuned Turbo modified to ..... wait for it .... 760+ horsepower!!!! Holy C*rap what a beautiful car!! And I'm looking in my rear view on the way to Knightsen thinking ... 'hm ... there's Gayle in the back, then Darin, then me then a 996 coupe .... she's got more horsepower than all of us combined ..!!!'

BTW, where the HECK are Gappy's photo's?? It looked like he was snapping like crazy from the passenger seat of Mark's slug-sled .. (like watching the Milleneum Falcon hit Hyper drive...., I thought Gappy was gonna bail out the passenger window there a couple of times ...) Anyway, I'm pretty sure he got a couple of moving shots of my Phat Girl in motion .... Gappy, are you there .... or on a plane back to New Jersey ?????

Last edited by JPP; 09-26-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:53 AM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 146 Posts

Man you guys know how to do it right! When is gathering number III?
Old 09-26-2010, 10:57 AM
Subbie
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was a real pleasure running into you folks, what a beautiful collection of cars!

And I was happy to be at the back of the group, I was just drafting u all from back there
Old 09-26-2010, 11:02 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Subbie
It was a real pleasure running into you folks, what a beautiful collection of cars!

And I was happy to be at the back of the group, I was just drafting u all from back there
Hi Subbie! Glad to see you post. I bet you were drafting back there, clutch in, shifter in neutral, trying desperately to keep your car from stalling and not to rear-end anybody ...
Old 09-26-2010, 11:19 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

These threads, and the nudging by my wife's employer to consider a relocation, really make me wonder why we live in Maryland....

Andreas
Old 09-26-2010, 11:40 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by AOW162435
These threads, and the nudging by my wife's employer to consider a relocation, really make me wonder why we live in Maryland....

Andreas
You know FDM is a 'Xenit' supplier .... right?? .......
Old 09-26-2010, 11:45 AM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JPP
You know FDM is a 'Xenit' supplier .... right?? .......

good point... we got your "habit" covered here on the West coast AOW

I have a few pics I will post in a bit. Great shots by others, thanks!

Really great bunch of people.
We missed the few that had to cancel... I won't mention any names but I was looking forward to meeting a couple of Canucks.
And Rufus was sorely missed
And a certain Arena Red duck tail car...
And a Midnight Blue coupe...
And another (Red) Ruf...

Last edited by MarkD; 09-26-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:33 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 571 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkD

good point... we got your "habit" covered here on the West coast AOW

I have a few pics I will post in a bit. Great shots by others, thanks!

Really great bunch of people.
We missed the few that had to cancel... I won't mention any names but I was looking forward to meeting a couple of Canucks.
And Rufus was sorely missed
You guys need to setup an East Coast operation, I'm feeling left out. When I go to the track there is usually only 1 or 2 other 993s present and other than that you never see one
Old 09-26-2010, 12:56 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by AOW162435

Andreas
Trust us life-long Californians when we talk you out of entering our morass, soon to be the nation's first Narco State.

Originally Posted by Bill Verburg
You guys need to setup an East Coast operation, I'm feeling left out. When I go to the track there is usually only 1 or 2 other 993s present and other than that you never see one
Probably because, and after casual conversations on selling the yellow car with East Coast track guys wanting to move to something "faster", conventional wisdom says there's a $40ishK 996 GT3 with 20K EZ street miles around every corner which can be run on track indefinitely for just the cost of entry fees, gas, and maybe tires every now and then...............
Old 09-26-2010, 01:03 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by race911
Trust us life-long Californians when we talk you out of entering our morass, soon to be the nation's first Narco State.

Probably because, and after casual conversations on selling the yellow car with East Coast track guys wanting to move to something "faster", conventional wisdom says there's a $40ishK 996 GT3 with 20K EZ street miles around every corner which can be run on track indefinitely for just the cost of entry fees, gas, and maybe tires every now and then...............
I've researched GT3s, the base cost of entry for any that I'd want to track is more like ~$70k

there are $40k cars out there but they need a lot of work
Old 09-26-2010, 01:04 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default more pics

the few I took
Attached Images       
Old 09-26-2010, 01:07 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Verburg
I've researched GT3s, the base cost of entry for any that I'd want to track is more like ~$70k

there are $40k cars out there but they need a lot of work
But talking Urban Legend is so much more cool than the hard reality of the performance/cost spectrum. Porsche-wise, I'd be willing to run a claimer race with mine at ~$40K. Don't think any GT3s would show.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:11 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by race911
But talking Urban Legend is so much more cool than the hard reality of the performance/cost spectrum. Porsche-wise, I'd be willing to run a claimer race with mine at ~$40K. Don't think any GT3s would show.
It of course depends on the driver but I can occasionally stay w/ even a '10 GT3RS, but it's certainly far more work and satisfying

Quick Reply: FD Drive/BBQ photo thread