Sponsored by:

Installing Da SupaCups...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 11:45 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 319 Likes on 258 Posts
Talking Installing Da SupaCups...

eh..they're loud.. anyways I picked these up for a song from Pat a few months ago. Finally got around to taking them over to my friend's shop in Columbia, MD as one was bent and needed straightended. After few hours that were spent cutting, heating, welding and bending, they lined up pretty good. Had to sneak back in the garage last night so wifey wouldn't suspect. I need to tone them down some - anyone got some baffles, inserts or whatever ya call it?

Here' some phone pics in no particular order..

My friend Richard working on the pipes, some leaky valve covers, and shop pics, counted 16+ lifts. Was fun being able to stand under two of my cars the same time.

Wife's car in for some work...

Suspension guys - does this look normal, my left side?

One of his projects...

Another project that's been on in that position for a few years..

at wot..
http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=j2HiRzEIrq8

at idle...
http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=jkgqebEJJ3A
Old 09-17-2010, 12:03 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

Sounds fantastic!

Andreas
Old 09-17-2010, 01:47 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Noise!!!
Old 09-17-2010, 04:21 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AOW162435
Sounds fantastic!

Andreas
yes, for a track car, I Know the wife will have something to say...

Originally Posted by JDHertz11
Noise!!!
sounds like an old bug, eh? btw, we didn't get an introduction to the lowrider ^
Old 09-17-2010, 04:55 PM
ppashley
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow. That's fierce!
Old 09-18-2010, 03:33 AM
mac993
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Don't waste your time with the baffles.... Don't make any real difference. Had Supercups on for 4yrs, very much a love hate relationship. Hated the drone on the freeway but LOVED the way it sounded getting on the freeway! But my favorite was the look on peoples faces when they would ask "you put a V8 in a porsche?!!"..... "No. That's just how the flat 6 sounds with straight pipes."
Old 09-18-2010, 12:32 PM
ande5000
Rennlist Member

They do sound great. Really have that race car-like "ripping" sound to them.

But why all cutting/fitting/fiddling to get them to fit right? Shouldn't they fit well out of the box, especially if they're used and came off another 993? That's one big advantage of the Fister mufflers: Perfect factory fit.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:36 PM
pcarrera993
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds oh too familiar, I have the cups too and love them

Nice Fastback on the lift.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:50 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Test drove a 993 several years back with these on, boy were they loud. Like the white Mustang in your pics, one of my favorites.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:35 PM
tleaf321
Instructor

Cool Tony. Why didn't you tell me you had them installed when I saw your car on Friday. Sounds sweet. Is there a run tomorrow?
Old 09-18-2010, 11:20 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tony, that suspension pic is your caster setting. Looks to be set to full minimum caster. Alters steering input response but other than that not a big deal if it feels right to you.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:59 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mac993
Don't waste your time with the baffles.... Don't make any real difference. Had Supercups on for 4yrs, very much a love hate relationship. Hated the drone on the freeway but LOVED the way it sounded getting on the freeway! But my favorite was the look on peoples faces when they would ask "you put a V8 in a porsche?!!"..... "No. That's just how the flat 6 sounds with straight pipes."
ok, u sure about that now? I was going to order some baffles from CC on Monday. In traffic folks stay further back so I guess it must be a good thing.
Originally Posted by ande5000
They do sound great. Really have that race car-like "ripping" sound to them.

But why all cutting/fitting/fiddling to get them to fit right? Shouldn't they fit well out of the box, especially if they're used and came off another 993? That's one big advantage of the Fister mufflers: Perfect factory fit.
One of the pipes were bent, and I think originally they wont fit perfect as they are sized for both wide bodies and narrow bodies. We wanted to get them perfectly centered and since Richard had the time and tools, we took liberty to make it right.

Originally Posted by pcarrera993
Sounds oh too familiar, I have the cups too and love them

Nice Fastback on the lift.
One of his customers..

Originally Posted by 1pcarnut
Test drove a 993 several years back with these on, boy were they loud. Like the white Mustang in your pics, one of my favorites.
Richard has some Mustang which is louder, for sale btw, convertible, big tires, 5sp, garage queen. Oh, this kid with a Mustang came alongside me in traffic, and let on the gas, it made me jump. Couple years ago of all weekends I choose to go to Myrtle beach was Mustang weekend. Still a lil deaf from that..l
Originally Posted by tleaf321
Cool Tony. Why didn't you tell me you had them installed when I saw your car on Friday. Sounds sweet. Is there a run tomorrow?
Too busy man yesterday was a rough one, and yes there is.

Originally Posted by 993inNC
Tony, that suspension pic is your caster setting. Looks to be set to full minimum caster. Alters steering input response but other than that not a big deal if it feels right to you.
Thanks, steering feels right and the last alignment was a couple years ago. Just the clear marking looked odd...
Old 10-17-2010, 02:12 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Default Every NA 993....

needs to have super cups at least once.....especially if it's a weekend car. Today was the first time I drove my car in a month. Unbelieveable! If you're on the fence, do it - you won't be disappointed. The looks at WOT was priceless... And it does encourage juvenile behaviour..
Old 10-17-2010, 02:46 AM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I had supercups on my first 993 and were great for mountain runs, but daily driving were too much. Too loud and they do drone. But at WOT, wow! Fun!
Old 10-17-2010, 11:21 AM
k722070
Three Wheelin'

Received 75 Likes on 48 Posts

+1 on getting a pair.
I picked up a well used pair from a rennlister a few weeks ago. I can't help but drive around in constant italian tune up mode, the sound is that good.
200 cell sport cats with fabspeed maxflows is downright quiet compared to the cups. the growling and burbling on throttle lift has me laughing every time.
once you get the adjustment right for your car(3 adjustment points) they can be swapped in and out within an hour in case you need quiet for a long freeway drive.

Quick Reply: Installing Da SupaCups...