Sponsored by:

FS: 1993 RS America, $22900

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 02:46 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default FS: 1993 RS America, $22900

Spamming the forums today, figuring this is close enough to cross post with the Member For Sale section and the 964 Forum.

1993 911 RS America
--$22,900 (Lowest priced RSA currently for sale, by several thousand)
--140k miles, ~6K during my ownership (since 2004)
--100% stock with exceptions noted below
--Red/Black fully optioned car (sunroof/LSD/air conditioning/stereo)
--No records (believe it's an original CA car)
--Never damaged (as far as I can tell), but looks like at least the nose and hood were repainted years and years ago.

I bought this car to replace the (then) D class RSA I raced from 2000-2003. But I never converted it past the point of putting some 964RS street Bilsteins, Eibach springs, and track worthy brake pads on it. Kinesis K28 17X 8/9 wheels with Toyo RE-01R tires size 225 & 255. I mounted a second stock oil cooler in series, over with the a/c condenser. I believe the car has an RS clutch. (It's definitely lighter in feel than the stock one in my C4S, but not quite as rev happy as the 3.8 in my faux RS that has had significant internal lightening.)

It's been a third or fourth backup track car, mainly to give low-end students rides. Probably 2K of the 6K miles I've put on it have been circulating the track. Currently CA Non-op, mainly because I don't need to insure 7 cars. Fully CA smog legal, and will provide CA smog for in-state buyer.

Known issues:

(First, I'll say that if high mileage or any track use upsets you, it's best to pass on looking closer at this car, and concentrate on the few other RSAs out there priced $10K+ higher.)

Small rust area in lower corner of driver's side around windshield. Typical of 964.

Needs front brake rotors.

Airbag light is on, as I've reinstalled the stock steering wheel.

Oil leaks. Yes and no. Nothing on the ground, or leaking on the exhaust. But if run ~100 miles on track, then the rear bumper and under the spoiler have an oil film. Require repair? Your call. I think it's naive to consider a car at this mileage and not think "big picture" in refurbishing the top end.

IF the transmission has an issue, it's that 4th is the easiest to pop out. I'd address it only when the engine came out for the above mentioned work.

Ultimately, this is an honest car for someone who would like an RS America at a low point of entry. With some sweat equity on the mechanicals down the line, you'll have the same dollar amount in it as with a car with half the miles. But you'll have fresh mechanicals, to your specification, that will last forever. I've got my eye on another race car, and with all I have in the fleet, this is the one that just doesn't fit in my plans anymore. Take a look at the photos, and email me at race911@gmail.com if you've got any further questions.
Attached Images           

Last edited by race911; 08-24-2010 at 03:13 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:56 PM
bart1
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would love to have this sitting beside my 993! Good luck with sale, or preferably, maybe someone will want to buy my 968...
Old 08-24-2010, 03:03 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 556 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by bart1
I would love to have this sitting beside my 993! Good luck with sale, or preferably, maybe someone will want to buy my 968...
How did I know you'd be the first to respond to an RSA FS thread

GLWS Ken!
Old 08-24-2010, 03:08 PM
bart1
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko
How did I know you'd be the first to respond to an RSA FS thread

GLWS Ken!
Yeah, yeah... I would have preferred a black one with no sunroof...

Quick Reply: FS: 1993 RS America, $22900